30.12.09

Lace & lazy legs

Lazy legs were allowed to stay in this position because due to the dismal weather I’m doing most of my sales shopping online. No, I couldn’t find any cashmere trackies, nor affordable diamond earrings (surprise, surprise) and the much coveted Wolford cashmere-silk tights are still £109.- (ouch).

Only once did I venture out on the high street and was nearly clubbed to death by lacey items. Lace and sequins EVERYWHERE… And what
Couture Cookie already mentioned about sequins I think applies to lace even more: Cheap just doesn’t cut the grease…*

Just in case I don’t have a sudden inspirational moment tomorrow – A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!
 
*I bought this beautiful vintage dress in Sterling Gold (www.sterlinggold.de) in Berlin this summer. The cut looks quite 50s to me. What do you think?

15 comments:

Couture Cookie said...

You're right! I believe vintage is the way to go for most lace... unless you have a lot to spend. Most high street finds in lace make you look like you charge by the hour!

And thank you so much for the plug - XOXOX. :)

ilovecoolthings said...

i think it's genius, i HAVE to post my latest vintage acquisition, it's got beautiful lace sleeves and is 1940's navy silk, fits like a glove. Ahhhh... best thing about vintage is that no one else will have it but YOU

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

The dress is gorgeous. The fabric looks more 60s to me, but the shape could be 50s.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's beautiful. But could we have a close-up, please? How long is it? Love Claire

Sabine said...

The dress is knee-long. Will try close-up... Now I'm closing down for this year. Happy New Year, everyone!

fadetoblack said...

omg that first picture is perfection :)++

Sher said...

What a lovely vintage dress! I adore the lace and sweet stockings:)

Happy New Year to you!!

Kelley Anne said...

Wow, that's an amazing dress. I love the lace!

Ivan McK said...

Loving the tights in the first pic...very dainty. & thank God for fashonable people who know how to pull off vintage! I love the lapels and the cuffs on the dress. The silhouette would suggest to me late 50's/early 60's maybe? Ah, what do I know? ;-)

+8!3

Tatiana Landim said...

the dress is wonderful! liked the tights too!

Amandine said...

The dress is really amazing. It does remind me of this 50s pattern my aunt has.

Catarina said...

Beautiful dress and tights!
thanks for the comment, take care.

annamargrete said...

I'm inlove with that dress. Lucky you.

Raquel said...

I adore lace! dresses and tights are the best.

happy new year to you!
x

Danielle said...

Pretty dress!