13.12.09

These Boots Are Made for Walking

'Oh look' says astonished husband 'You are wearing sensible shoes. What’s the occasion?' The occasion is that I want to throw myself into the shining pre-Christmas lights of Oxford and Regent Street. I know, it’s absolutely manic and I promised myself to stay away from the London shopping hubs until Christmas is over.

But Harrods, Harvey Nics, Selfridges & Co. always put on such a great show and there is a certain magic to the city. No shopping for me (thank God for online shopping), but I want to have a good stroll and although I like to strut my stuff there is hardly anything more pathetic than a woman hobbling in pain because she chose the wrong shoes.

I think my favourite is the Dolce & Gabbana window in Old Bond Street…
 
Thank you, flat boots - Painless feet! You are my Christmas stars!


4 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I really appreciate it. Hope you're having a great weekend. Cheers!

Anna Jane said...

Oh I love the beauty of Christmas shopping, especially in all the top London stores. Manic or not, I'm sure you'll have a blast. Lovely boots btw!

- Anna Jane xxx
(PixelatedBlonde.com)

So Lovely said...

Gosh I do miss Christmas windows. Los Angeles just doesn't do them well but also there really isn't enough "foot traffic" for the stores to really outdo themselves. Instead they like to blare the Christmas music wherever possible.

My New Favourite Thing said...

It's so wonderful to be able to wander around London at Christmas just taking it all in instead of panic-buying gifts and freaking out! Great post x