12.1.10

I Don’t Care Who I Am - Just Get Me Out of Here!

'Cabin fever', 'really had enough', 'snow is boring'… are all sighs I've been reading in quite a few English blogs lately. I so do agree! Though normally a happily unsocial and self-entertaining person, not having been able to leave the house for a week now has established the expressions 'boredom' and slight 'grumpiness' in my personal dictionary. (And also serves as a reminder to be careful what to wish for – After Christmas the idea of being snowed in seemed highly romantic. The reality has turned out to be rather monotonous.)

I'm also declining into a frightening state of barbarism… I don't consider myself a HMG*, but with a tooth crown missing and a cancelled waxing appointment I am starting to feel rather 'unpolished'. Yesterday my desperation for some consoling prettiness was so big that I marched half a mile through the snow to meet the UPS delivery guy (who naturally declined to deliver my Wolford order to our house). Imagine my delight when I schlepped the parcel with hosiery and lingerie home – like a lioness dragging a poor zebra…

All this ennui has allowed my to play around with
Poladroid. I had to fiddle a bit to install it (but that’s probably just technologically challenged me…). Now that it’s on my desktop I'm finding it quite a cute gadget – doing the proper polaroid camera noise and taking 2 minutes to develop. Have you had any experiences? What do you think?

*High Maintanance Girl
**I have this idea of a necklace made from my daughter’s milk teeth… First signs of isolation-induced madness?

24 comments:

The Haute-Shopper said...

The thing that annoys me the most about the cold weather is that it takes so much time and effort to pile on the clothes, gloves, scarf and hat until you're finally warm enough to go out. I prefer summers, where I can just slip on a pair of shoes and leave. Thankfully it will be slightly warmer here starting tomorrow!

Lovely photos! I haven't tried this program, but the results are great. The milk teeth necklace sounds a little creepy though ;-)

Tights Lover said...

I always get cabin fever by the end of the winter. I love these photos!

Jess said...

hehe i love poladroid! and i totally agree - cabin fever is setting in for me as well. yuck.

Johanna Urban said...

Hi Sabine!! I just wanted to say thank you for taking your time and visiting my blog :)

...and I love these photos :)Johanna

kpeach said...

are these in your home? love that horse statue/bust xo

WendyB said...

I totally agree with Haute-Shopper. I'm not good at layering!

marian said...

love these images, the horse is great! oh i get terrible cabin fever when im in too long! so glad you yout tights and fun is poladroid?!
xx
marian

Sabine said...

I think you are right, Haute Shopper, I'm going off the rails...

kpeach - yeap, I constantly wonder how I could turn some of the strange things in the house into a picture.

LENORENEVERMORE said...

brrr...I feel you lady!
Stay warm*
Adore Polaroids...so glad they are coming back for good~
xo

marian said...

love these images, the horse is great! oh i get terrible cabin fever when im in too long! so glad you yout tights and fun is poladroid?!
xx
marian

Miss Eve said...

I enjoy to be indoor when it's cold outside...there is so many things I can do this time of the year what I wouldn't do when the weather is nice outside (for example big wardrobe cleaning LOL)...so I try to focus on those...but I have to admit that I look so much forward to have spring :-)

Have a great week, cheers: Evi

joy said...

It seems that you are coping nicely to being cooped up in the house. Poladroid is addictive, back out now while you can. ^_^

JD
iplayfaves.blogspot.com

Cafe Fashionista said...

I absolutely adore Poladroid - it has forever been one of my favorite websites. I love what you've done with these pictures - absolutely stunning! But having to drag your parcel through the snow...how aggravating!! :)

S.Elisabeth said...

Mm being snowed in does sound amazing.. I keep thinking of all the reading I'd do! But in reality it would get insanely boring, and I HATE feeling unpolished and gross. Yeck =(

scrapbook said...

1st of all - thank you sabina for all your wonderful words on my posts!!! they always so well written!

2nd, i am in love with poladroid - i love the fact it brought digitalized polaroid to the mass and help keep polaroid live!

last but not least, i love, adore and crazy about summer!!! winter, well, i just want to stay in bed forever ... like a bear ;-)))

xx

thatsorad said...

I would totaly freak out if I were house bound. I try to do nothing for one day and it does not work out too well. I need to find the zen in RELAXING :)

Dude and yes, they rip, fall, talk sas, grab. the sale is gnarly. I love some of the faces I captured because they all have this look like boys do when they are running out on to the football feld.


PS you are an amazing writer.

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-a lovely post, I'm not well at the moment, so definitely suffering the cabin fever, LOL!! Thanks so much for stopping by too!

Imogen said...

I love polaroid pictures. I wish I had a camera to take some. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to have to be in the house for a week and I hope everything works out for you.

Couture Millinery Atelier. said...

Beautiful pictures, really interesting.I am wishing for you to recover from cabin fever - I know it can be sooooo frustrating!!! Thank you for stopping by and your wonderful comment. Made me feel much better.:-)

Zenobie said...

I love your wildlife analogy! Polaroid’s are such an amazing invention but isn’t the film for them super expensive I heard they weren’t making it anymore.

Grace said...

I get self-induced cabin fever. It's too easy to make the weather my excuse to stay in and do work. I need the sun back!

Love Grace.

Lewis William said...

Now I want a poladroid :(
X

saradowle said...

Polardroid is such a great way to spend time! Plus I am totally suffering for cabin fever, though very work induced! My grandparents are going slightly doolally from being inside all week too!!

Clara said...

wow! amazing pics!!
i loved your blog.
xxx