17.1.10

I Love to Travel, but Hate to Arrive #2

Psynopsis Vintage Travel Look DIY Wool Suit Eric Bompard Scarf Vintage Hat and Suitcase
Psynopsis Vintage Travel Look DIY Wool Suit Eric Bompard Scarf Vintage Hat and Suitcases
Don’t you think there is a new wind in the fashion air? This spring I'm seeing myself in fresh flowery colours, innocent pastels, fascinating patterns… I want to wear soft suede and Indian patterns à Altuzarra, twist and turns (and bone-like structures) like Sandra Backlund and intricate patterns, lace and cuts like Bora Aksu.

With this vision I’m storming the sales at net-a-porter. (Thank God for online shopping when the weather is bad, one’s energy low and all official winter sales have ended 3 weeks ago). But after 2 hours of scrolling, picking and binning – what have I chosen? 1 pair of black trousers, 2 black dresses and a jeans dress from Acne. Is it really so difficult to change one’s habits and adapt a new style? Or are the winter sales maybe not the right place to adjust to the summer vibe?

Perhaps I have to send it all back to become the colourful person I’m envisioning myself. But my hunch is I’ll try the clothes on and it will feel just fine and my mind will whisper: Colours? You can always add some later…

Although the weather has changed and it feels nearly spring-like now I wanted to post part 2 of my travel post. Yes, there were days when I had the time and energy to make my
own blanket dreams and I still like the pearly snake crawling up the jacket…


27 comments:

joy said...

It is so military but with soft edges.

JD
iplayfaves.blogspot.com

mariel elisa said...

i agree. necessary but difficult to push out of winter

Rock N Revolution said...

Great outfit and pics! I LOVE it!

Cafe Fashionista said...

This is just such an amazing ensemble, Sabine - and you look stunning in it. There's something quite militant about the aesthetic, yet soft at the very same time!! :)

Otis said...

This outfit is really elegant...and really slimming!

ilovecoolthings said...

um it's like you just walked out of some fashion fairtytale.... luggage and all! SO lovely x

Pia said...

i love that design! it's so interesting and organic :)

Sabine said...

Funny, I never thought of the look as military. It must be the hat (which I inherited from my grandmother. She had hats in all styles and shapes, very elegant).

MissKellie said...

That is such a great coat!! :D

And I can definitely relate to having difficulty changing old style habits. It takes me forever to adapt to every new season. Change always throws me for a loop!

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

English Rose ♥ said...

i love this post - great pics

thanks so much for your lovely comment, i'm so glad you enjoyed reading it as much I as I enjoyed writing it

Stay safe and chic darling,
English Rose x
http://iamanenglishrose.blogspot.com

Caroline, No. said...

Oh, you look absolutely fabulous! That picture could've been taken decades ago!

Sher said...

I think this is absolutely beautiful! Such an elegant look and I love the print on the coat and the purse, it's lovely:)

xx

kpeach said...

so chic-you look like you're going on an incredible journey to somewhere cool xo

Festy said...

I like this post! Amazing photos!
xoxo
Festy

Jess said...

so looking forward to seeing your net-a-porter purchases :)

Lottie said...

soooo gorgeous!

Stuffs and Things said...

I fully agree with you, it's a bit dificult to change old styles... but i belive that in the right moment you will say bye-bye black, hello flowers! :) Let the spring come in weeeeeee

You look amazing in those photos!
(Thanks for your comment!)

LENORENEVERMORE said...

adore the matching purse~
Spring please come as soon as possible...
Fab new week*

Mademoiselle Frou-Frou said...

you look like you just stepped out of a movie! how pretty!
xox alison

Johanna Urban said...

I love this outfit!! Lovley!!!

clarewbrown said...

Woah! I so agree with the comment two posts above mine. You seriously look like a movie star! I love these photos and your look. So beautiful!

Joanne Faith said...

I am thinking that winter sales is just not the place to find spring style! x

You definitely look very movie esq, glamorous!

yiqin; said...

Beautiful :)

SogniSorrisi said...

What a unique outfit!

Couture Millinery Atelier. said...

I love absolutely everything about this outfit: colors, hat, length of the jacket and the skirt, colors again and this suitcases!Brilliant choices and beautiful photgraphy.

Cecylia said...

You look amazing! I love the outfit and the trunks! I am a vintage trunk collector.

The Little Fashion Treasury said...

Peekaboo to you!
It´s me again.

So many beautiful photos on your blog.
Looooove them all ;)