6.1.10

Serious Boots Crush #2: Givenchy

Taking pictures of my old battered Fendi boots made me realize that my REAL favourite boots are my Givenchy ones. Hold on! It’s not as if I have a row of designer shoes lined up – I scramble the sales, never throw away anything, buy on the high street and in vintage shops to be able to splash out from time to time – And even after several years these boots make me happy every time I set my eyes on them. It’s not just a visual thing… You know how terribly difficult it is to find shoes that look good (i.e. make your legs look slim and shapely and give your figure a bit of a lift), but not make you limp in pain after wearing them for 20 minutes (20…? 5!)? Let me tell you, these boots are nearly too good to be true – I walked through Paris with them for days and could still hold my head up high*.

*As you can see in the picture; but come on, you can’t have these gorgeous French chicks make you feel all inadequate, can you?!

OK, I promise this will be the last shoe post for a while. 1st I don’t have any other boots worth mentioning (hold on, there are some MiuMius somewhere, but they are really sensible walking boots) and also I start feeling like a shoe fetishist. (Anything wrong with this?)

30 comments:

susie_bubble said...

I can certainly see why they make your heart thump.... they're beauuuuutiful, good for pounding the ice/snow in?

THE UNIQORN said...

thanks for the comment dear :)
or should I say danke ;)
hehe

I know what u mean...
it was a hard decision that I had to think about very good
but 4 months later I was sure enough and then it finally happened :)



xoxo,
silvia

Sabine said...

Susie - sadly not. But who cares? (I take cold feet for fashion anytime)

Silvia - you can say anything you want... how about 'merci'?

joy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, keep in touch!These boots also make my heart tremor a little. How do they feel? Comfy? Electric?

JD
iplayfaves.blogspot.com

Cecylia said...

You lucky thing! I'd love to get my paws on some Givenchy shoes =) I love your photo!

Ruta said...

Those boots are gorgeous!!! And that outfit is amazing as well. Lovely.

Ami Schaheera said...

love the boots and your triple photo :D

Lexie said...

i could post about shoes (especially boots) for the rest of my life! no complaints here! :)

Cafe Fashionista said...

You look like pure heaven in those shoes - they are stunning!! :)

MissKellie said...

Oooooh, those are amazing!! I'm quite jealous right now! ;D

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

Couture Cookie said...

That's the thing with most designer heels - be it sandals, boots, booties. They are so much more comfortable than most cheap shoes! Not to mention more stylish. Your Givenchys are wonderful!

fadetoblack said...

love love love these boots!++

Kelly Cambon said...

They are beautiful!!! And yes, totally with you on the french chicks thing.

www.camboncambon.blogspot.com

Niki B. said...

amazing. givenchy shoes are so great.

xo Niki

ps. I have a "haute giveaway" right now, you can win a pretty leather clutch! details here: http://ahautemess.blogspot.com

Yo said...

I came to visit and I liked the mood , the atmosphere here! I really admired some of the photos AND the special treatment used :)

Zenobie said...

The double zip is really unique, and there is nothing wrong with a healthy shoe fetish!

Sabrina said...

lovely boots!

Pia said...

you are one very lucky girl to own such amazing shoes!!

Pia said...

and that mcqueen picture is a bag/clutch! so fun!

Indy said...

You look so chic! I know what you mean about not just looking good but feeling good, too! That skirt is just lovely and the boots make it perfect!

Django et Coco said...

These are great! They Look amazing with your skirt!

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

Grace said...

I think I also have a crush!

Love Grace.

Style Bird said...

I love the boots..beautfiul photo.

yiqin; said...

To die for boots!!

valncami said...

Those boots are fab! Love em!
XX

Back said...

love this post and love love your skirt, very nice and very prada :)

Back

Ivan McK said...

What an awesome photo w/the multi-images. Nice boots, indeed. I love "favorites" (and I also love buckles).

+8!3

stylespotterfashionblogger said...

love these boots.I want them

Rosie said...

I have a boot crush on them too! Givenchy makes the most utilitarian boots...they use a good last, eh?

x rosie
rosieshaheen.blogspot.com

Rock N Revolution said...

LOVE the boots! Adding you to my blogroll and the lime green Chanel on my blog is vintage 80's.
:)