19.1.10

Skins, Snaps & Ponytails

What happens when you take pictures of winter though your mind is already set on summer, while reviewing series 1-3 of Skins (to be ready for series 4 starting next week), simultaneously trying to catch up on all the interesting blogging activity out there? Simple, one (me, that is) just gets really confused and nothing gets done properly.

But all this has to stop now, because I finally GOT A CAMERA! No need to use the little family snapper anymore. It’s a proper Nikon DSLR (not the D300 I had dreamed of - in my wildest dreams – but I think the D60 isn't bad at all, don't you?). Unfortunately it comes with a big instruction booklet. This means, if I want to produce some proper pictures in the future it's good-bye to Skins and Hello to reading instruction booklets. (Don't you just hate them? With all our technological advantages how come we haven't yet found a method to feed knowledge directly into our brains?)

Ponytails? Yeap, what about them (apart from that I just liked the title and they heavily feature in fashion shows and so naturally fashion blogs)? They've given me a money-saving inspiration: I'll be wearing a plait all the time now. This will make me oh-so-fashionable and avoid the need for a new hairdresser… How thrifty is that?!

21 comments:

Zenobie said...

Would you recomend this camera? I am searching for a good digi right now

Sabine said...

I can probably tell you in a few months time. It's not a full frame, but it had very good reviews. It's light and small and Nikon lenses are outstanding (I hear).

marian said...

congrats on thew new camera, it looks good
xx
marian

Cindy Whitehead said...

Congratulations on your new camera - wow, super nice!! Love your outfit posts in the last couple postings - very stylish. xo

clarewbrown said...

ooooooh!! I am so jealous of your brand new camera. I want one as well. I can't wait to see all of your amazing new photos!

Imogen said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and I am pleased that I have come across yours now. Your new camera looks very impressive. I think it will be really good.

Indy said...

That skirt is pretty! And yayayayayayay for awesome new cameras!

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-well done on the new camera, I'll make do with my phone one, LOL!! Great outfit and love the outfit in the post below too!

Sher said...

Yay for the new cam! Can't wait to see the pics taken with this new cam!

It took me a long time to get used to using the dslr too haha:P

xx

Couture Carrie said...

Congrats on your new camera, darling S!

xoxox,
CC

Kazuko said...

Congrats! And I know exactly what you're going through. Bought my camera a couple of months ago and am still not really used to it. But doesn't matter - it's so much fun! Looking forward to your pics! :)

Lewis William said...

Not convinced yet by ponytails... Scarily schoolgirl-ish!
x

kpeach said...

awesome- can't wait to see pics! xo

Cafe Fashionista said...

Ooh, congratulations on getting a new camera, Sabine! I truly cannot wait to see the outfit pictures you take with it!! :)

Faux Naif said...

how funny, i just got an dslr camera as well! i can hardly figure it out, though, so for the next little while my blog photos will still be taken with my dinky little one, hehe...

Pia said...

congrats on the camera!!! i need to invest in one seriously! i can't wait to see your new pictures :)

fadetoblack said...

oh congrats on the new camera :)
thats awesome...
and yes i hate booklets too!

Joanne Faith said...

It would be rad if you could review the camera a month or so down the line. :P I defiantly need a better camera I just want to snap snap snap!

Miri said...

Yay for a new camera! Thats on the top of my wishlist for when I get some cash =)

KIRAFASHION said...

cool shot and camera!!!

Make Do Style said...

D60 - brilliant it gets rave reviews - I'm saving for one so yes you must review after a while. I'm a Nikon girl.