3.1.10

Sweet Suede, Fluffy Jackets & Fendi Boots

As already mentioned, in the end it was neither one of the three but an outfit I’ve loved and felt comfortable in for months: suede trousers and ankle boots. I didn’t really hook up with the black, tight nappa leather fashion of 2009 but rediscovered a look that strongly features in ’The Getaway’: suede. Last year I just couldn’t get enough of it… First I found a light brown pencil skirt at Oxfam, then I got a dark blue bomber jacket in Italy and after that some suede trousers… I wonder if the general rule ‘If you don’t want to look like a rocker stick to one piece of leather’ also applies to suede.

The Glossy wanted to see the Fendi boots. Since they are one of my favourite boots (actually more shoe-boots, but you won't hear shoots from me. No way!), they look a bit worse for wear. But I agree, they deserve a picture (or 2).

P.S. Why fluffy jacket in the end? Well, it was COLD! And you never know if your hosts suddenly get the idea to celebrate New Year outside.
P.S.2 Yes, like the boots, looking a bit worse for wear; but I guess one can't expect much better on the January 1st...

27 comments:

Tiphaine said...

Hey !

Love this outfit, and also the dresses in the precedent post. And yes, those marvellous shoes are from Acne !

See ya'!

mainchicavenue.blogspot.com

yiqin; said...

Ah nice boots :)

Indy said...

I say worse for wear = more character! And I love your furry jacket!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous, darling!
Love those boots!

xoxox,
CC

Cafe Fashionista said...

The fluffy jacket truly brings your ensemble to life!

Happy, Happy New Year my love!! :)

gorgeousclara said...

happy new year!!!

Sabine said...

I'm happy you like the jacket. It's a children's jacket(knitted by my aunt) and I lengthened the sleeves... I love it.

emily said...

haha, i love your facial expression in the first picture. ;)

emma wallace said...

Cute! I love that fluffy jacket - such a cozy touch to your tough-girl ensemble!

iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

J said...

great boots and photos!

Brenna said...

I like the shoes very much.

coy colleen said...

i love the way you photographed those boots! they look great

Winnie said...

The fluffy jacket seems like a good choice for such cold weather! I also love the effects on these photos!

S.Elisabeth said...

Love the outfit you ended up with! And those boots are insanely amazing.

MissKellie said...

Great boots and jacket! :D

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

fashionforwriters said...

Eeep! Your New Year's outfit looks lovely, although the sheer dress and mermaid dress and jumper are also all amazing!!! Happy New Year, lady:)

xo Jenny

kiss me quick said...

Happy new year! Great pics!

thanks for the lovely comment ^^

xxx kissmequick

Ruta said...

I hate how cold it gets in Canada. I can never wear fashionable coats. I have to wear practical ones. But there are nice days when I can wear what I want. These looks are perfect.

ilovecoolthings said...

Sabine, glad you decided with what makes you the most comfortable!

As for the book on Lee Miller, i read her biography about 5 years ago, it's called "Lee Miller, A life" by Carolyn Burke. I HIGHLY recommend it!

xo

Tights Lover said...

I love the boots...and we were all probably a bit worse for the wear by Jan 1!

indigotangerine said...

fab boots. I never really considered suede much before, but you look great.
-indigo

Cindy Whitehead said...

fun boots - thanks for showing as I wanted to see them too (-:

Kirstie MariƩ said...

Perfect look for the winter!

Django et Coco said...

Great outfit! Those boot are cute!

-Coco from Our Paper Moon

nycrun said...

short sweaters look nice
http://nycrunfashion.blogspot.com

Jess said...

yummy boots :) the sephia tone of the pic suits them perfectly

Sher said...

Oh i think you look extremely chic in that fuzzy sweater and those boots! Definitely deserve to be a favourite of yours!!

xx