23.2.10

Spreading the Love

Psynopsis What's In Your Bag
I recently received awards from the lovely Pia of Haute Like Wasabi, Imogen of Tia Cherie, Cristi of Thatssorad, RockandRevolution and Haute World. Thank you so much for thinking of me and giving me awards!

Since I already went into total confession mode in my
All You Never Wanted to Know about Me post I thought I can’t do that again to you.

So instead I went one step further and [GASP!] opened [the secret life of every woman] my handbag! And what did I find?

1. A bag in a bag in a bag… I got this little Goldpfeil wallet for one of my Vogue subscriptions and it’s been with me ever since. It holds all my cards and the little money I carry around with me.
2. My glasses. When I recently went to the optician because I was sure all this computer work would make me farsighted I was told I was actually shortsighted. Doesn't matter... Just as well a perfect reason for a pair of Givenchy frames, even if I only wear them for driving.
3. My sunglasses. I haven’t used them for weeks, but hope keeps them in my bag. Love the battered leather case by a company called 'The Original'.
4. Self-made purse with Euros.
5. Handcream. A must!
6. Lipstick. Chanel, colour no. 40.
7. Pocket mirror. Another of these nifty presents you get when you buy several items of one cosmetic brand. I can never stop myself…
8. Keys.
9. Suncream. Another item that hasn’t been too necessary lately. But having spent years of my childhood burning in the sun I’m now triple trying to make up for it (hence therefore SPF 40).
10. The second part of subscription presi; holding more little things. (More bags in bags... am I showing my slightly OCD side here?)
11. Current bag. I never have the time to adjust my bag to my outfit. This black Be&D bag has been with me for a while and is just perfect.

12. Then I was thinking 'Isn't there something missing?' - until I realised that all technology was plugged in somewhere. But I have to share my phone with you because only then will you understand what a tech dino I really am! (Ok, I do have a Blackberry thingy, but hardly know how to use it.)

Psynopsis Vintage Nokia Mobile

And my awards go to:

1.
Kirafashion. Beautiful Brasilian lady with great sense of style.
2.
Café Fashionista. Noone writes like Erika; you always came back to entertaining blog.
3.
A little bird told me. Jen manages to talk about every day fashion questions in the most charming way.
4.
Fade to Black. Cool dresser and fashion designer blogging from New York.
5.
ClaraBelle. Clare knows her fashion inside-out.
6.
Couture Millinery Atelier. Hat Designer Anya’s blog is one of the most beautiful ones I’ve discovered and is full of inside stories.
7.
My Style Thrifting Fashion & Me. Sharon Rose manages to get the most fashionable clothes at the best prices.
8.
Pixelated Blonde says she 'hates fashion'. But no, she doesn’t…
9.
LenoreNeverMore. You’ve got to love Lenore. She talks to the trees, dances in Singapore. Life’s a party for her!
10.
Marian Kihogo is a stylist and a her blog a 'proper', interesting, comprehensive fashion blog. Please stay with us, Marian!
11.
Musings of a Born Socialite. Emily might be having a bit of a blogging low, but I love her blog and hope she soon will be back!and12. The Little Fashion Treasury. I’ve only recently discovered Martina’s blog, but I’m absolutely hooked – Plus she is German like me (but her English is better).

Let's keep spreading the blogging love! (But all this html-ing has totally exhausted me.)

35 comments:

The Style Revolution said...

Great post. Erika is Amazing. Love her Blog. Also love Fade to Black! Great Choices.

rossovelvet said...

Hi !!!
Thank you so much for the comment !
I'm superglad because it gave me the chance to discover your blog, it's great !
I adore this post (I love bag 'secrets'^^), also because the phone made me laugh so much... it was my first phone ever, oh sweet nostalgy !

Anyway. I'll visit your blog again very soon ! ;D

Thank you again !

Xx

Isy

SabinePsynopsis said...

Thank you, Isy. There is something about phones that are just phones - nothing else, isn't there?

LENORENEVERMORE said...

Thank you so much for including me in such a great company!
haha, I speak Latin to the plants no?!
Just like you, I have hand-cream in my bag, car & almost anywhere around the house! Lovely day to you darling!
xo*

Jen said...

Thank you so much, dear Sabine! I love nosying about in other people's bags. Yours is fab - I love how you're prepared for sudden bursts of sunshine with your sunglasses and cream! :)

If you'd like to see what's in my bag, I did a similar post a few months ago: http://littlebirdfashion.blogspot.com/2009/12/whats-in-bag.html

Your phone reminds me of being 15! Aaaah, the memories!

SabinePsynopsis said...

I will, I will, Jen! I'm so curious about other people's bags (inside and out)!

Couture Carrie said...

Gorgeous post, darling!
Very worhty award-winners!

xoxox,
CC

Rock N Revolution said...

Thanks for the shout out Sabine...
xoxox

notjustmedical said...

Is number 10 a lipstick case? I love those!

S
http://notjustmedical.wordpress.com

Jess said...

aww your cell is adorable! haha and yes sunscreen is key :) my mom always bugs me to bring mine

lenka James said...

great post its always nice to see what people have in their bag.lol..i love your chanel lipstick..thanks for commenting on my blog ^^

Clare said...

Whhaaaatt?? Meee?? I am beyond flattered right now! I love your blog so much and the fact that you would honor me is so exciting!

Thank you so much! xoxoxox

Cafe Fashionista said...

Awww...I heart you, Sabine! Thank you so, so much for the award - you are the sweetest person ever!

And I must admit...I love the peek inside your handbag. It's so organized. I'm beginning to think that I'm the only person on the planet who carries around so much lip gloss!! :)

MissKellie said...

My sister used to have that exact same phone! :D My current cell isn't much better. Ha, I'm not very big on current technology things.

http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

S.Elisabeth said...

LOVE! I love reading about what's in a girl's purse, always interesting. And so true, Erika is a genius with her blog.

drollgirl said...

congratulations on the awards!

and now i am off to check out some of these blogs i don't know. :)

Gizelle | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i have mini-bags in my bag!
they just make it easier to transfer stuff from one bag to another..hehehe.

the 3310 phone is so cute!
i miss that phone!
i was a poor college kid (basically cuz i spent my money on food and clothes) that while my classmates had high-end phones, i had my 3310 for 3 years!hehe.

and damn, i'm too late for the polka post...but just have to comment on it, I LOVE POLKA DOTS!

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Christina said...

I love taking a peek in people's bags, and yours was no disappointment! I like that wallet you made yourself, very cool!

Big Daddy said...

Oh i loved this, and you made it so easy to read. I think every ladys bag is like a secret to her life, so interesting!

Emily McGuire said...

I live in Australia! It's hot here all year round. Winter doesn't drop past 20 degrees. Glad you liked my bag! It was only $25! We have really great vintage shopping here.

Em

betz said...

i loved reading this! great post!

xx,
betz
http://herarmoire.blogspot.com

thatsorad said...

That is so AWESOME! Love your phone and photos!!!

Serously, email me if you like about any jean...I know more about the brands we carry but I could also help you if you were thinking about some other brands....the cool thing is most people I help I do not rEAlly know their style or what their body type is and I know your's so that in it's self can really help narrow it down. There are a gazilian awesome jean companys out there. It is about finding the pair that you really super love! you can email me or post a comment with any questions!

June Paski said...

great post!

xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

notjustmedical - a lipstick case... That's it! Ignorant me!

Clare said...

I want the contents of your bag! Don't worry about the Blackberry thing, someone asked me to fill in my details on their Blackberry yesterday and I was there for about 10 minutes before she rescued me...

iliketweet.blogspot

x

Lewis William said...

Such a lovely idea! If anything, the contents of a handbag can be more intimate than the contents of our heads!

KIRAFASHION said...

Sabine!!!

I used to have a mobile like yours!!! it was my second one and it was a long time ago, I am surprised to see that yours still works!!! High tech stuff is good, however being obsessed about it, about the last high tech issue, is not...bravo for you!

I can't believe I am here at your list! It is a great honor! Thanks a lot for that...it means so much for me :)

all my love,

Kira

Sher said...

Oh I adore Chanel lipstick! It's a staple :)

misslikey said...

I love it

SR@MyStyle said...

Hi there-that is so kind of you, thanks so very much my dear and loving this post too! Have a great week ahead!!

J said...

i totally use the SPF from Clinique too!! love that product

marian said...

Lovely post honey, thank you so much for the lovely mention dear!
Big kiss honey and hope you are well.
xx
marian

Grace said...

I love that you still use that phone! I've been wanting to break away from these overly-technical phones and go back to my OG Nokia.

Love Grace.

The Little Fashion Treasury said...

Happy sweet midweek, Sabine!

Einen lieben Gruß sende ich dir ;)
Finally back home from my yoga class, was a long day out of the house and I was already yesterday evening so excited to leave my comment. You are such a sweetheart .. and no ;)... I´m pretty much sure YOUR english is pretty much better ;)
jiipiieeh to #12!!! Had to smile about it!!! Thank you so much for your award, Sabine!!!
Always interesting what´s in a woman´s bag ;)

Enjoy your evening in the UK!!!

Couture Millinery Atelier. said...

Dear sabine, THANK YOU so very much for thinking of me and giving me this Award!!! You words touched me so very much! What a beautiful way to start my weekend. THANK YOU!!!!