12.10.10

Tagging Along or Fashion Ponderings…

Psynopsis Next Skinnies Black Cropped Sweater
The wonderful Vintage Vixen has passed a tag on to me. Thank you, Vix! One thing I love about tags (apart from that they are great networking tools) is that they bring up questions I rarely ask myself, such as: 'Are you a jeans or a sunglasses girl?' ('Mmmh-ah-mmh-ahhh... neither?') or 'DIY or shopping?' ('Hmmmm… Both!'). So here goes…

What's your favourite fashion accessory?
I do like bags, but really can't be bothered with un and repacking them all the time, meaning I normally stick to one for ages. I also like jewellery, but am just starting to figure out how to wear it, scarves are pretty but hazardous – so it must be SHOES.

Who's your fashion role model?
I don’t really have a 'role model', but I do find Daphne Guinness fascinating. Also whenever I see pictures of Coco Chanel I marvel at how she still looks so modern. Her style is both revolutionary and timeless. (Plus, she rid women of unpractical underskirts and corsets!)

What do you always carry with you?
My iphone. It’s sad, but I’m quite addicted.

How would you describe your style?
Sexy secretary meets slouch. I’m quite a simple dresser, mostly.

What's your favourite? Jeans, sunglasses or heels?
I’m not a big jeans person, sunglasses I've stuck to the same 2 pairs for years, so definitely heels.

What inspired you to blog about fashion?
My sister-in-law once said to me: 'Sabine, you should really do something with fashion!' I didn't really fancy starting a new career (I quite like my job), but I kept thinking about it. Then I read an interview with Scott Schuman and a whole new world opened…

What is your favourite fashion store?
Liberty London. If they let me I'd move in tomorrow. I've developed the embarrassing habit to treat everyone working there like a family member. They must think I’m totally bonkers.

What is your favourite fabric in clothing?
Cashmere in winter, silk in summer, cotton all year round.
Psynopsis Magazines


Who are your favourite designers?
There are seasonal favourites, but of the big shots Rick Owens, Dries van Noten, Alexander McQueen and Riccardo Tisci come top, and Gareth Pugh. Phoebe Philo is such a phenomenon – a bit like Coco Chanel, she's like a channel for the 'zeitgeist', but my body sadly doesn’t correlate with the boyish 'Phoebe Girl'.

Who or what inspires your style?
Everything I see and how I feel in the morning.

Would you choose to buy something high quality or make it yourself if you could?
I make things myself to be able to afford some expensive high quality desires.
Psynopsis Leather DIY

I’m passing these questions on to following stylish bloggistas:
Adele of Molto Curiosa
Vicki of Magpie Girl
MJ of Dreaming Spires & Old Car Tyres
Sarah of We Shop Therefore We Are
Jamie-Lee of Page Sixxx
Pink Bow
Ediot
The Zhush
Dancing Branflakes
&
Tanvi of The Fabulous Life…
Psynopsis Chipped Nails


Go girls! Can't wait to hear your answers.

36 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

Great answers, Sabine! I'm tittering to myself imagining you stalking the isles of Liberty. xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Believe me, it's my refuge when everything just becomes to much around Oxford and Regent Street.

WeShop said...

Ah, these are really interesting Q&As - fab to find out more about you. I'll be pondering these and will do mine next week. Thanks for the tag. xx

Dancing Branflake said...

Oh Sabine! You rock so much!!!! I am thoroughly flattered you tagged me- because it's you and you are so awesome. I am excited for this one! And I love how you described your look and how you aren't afraid to admit your love for simplicity.

Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~ said...

oh i LOVE reading more about bloggers - love this little look inside ur world! - thanks for sharing babycakes!!

PS PASS IT ON --> GIVE-AWAY going on – 2 necklaces = 2 winners .. LAST day to ENTER!!!

~Join Necklace Give-Away Here~


*kiss kiss*
Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

So sweet of the Vixen to tag you, Sabine, and what lovely responses, too. See - what a wonderful way to learn more about you;-)

Veshoevius said...

Another shoes and heels girl! Enjoyed reading your responses. I really must try to get the sewing machine out again - quite a few bloggers I've come across sew and post on their projects which is kindling an urge.
I had a similar relationship with the sales assistant in local branch of Mango in a small Spanish town I lived in for a while. Even after I moved away I would always be in there so often during visits from the UK that they thought I was still living locally!

Jen said...

Oooh, I do like the thought of sexy secretary meets slouch! Describes you perfectly (although I'd say relaxed rather than slouch!) :) x

Rosie Unknown said...

Your answers are so cute :)

I have to ask, what is in the second last photo? It looks so gorgeous!

Kazuko said...

enjoyed reading the Q&A's - and agree in many things :)

SabinePsynopsis said...

Thank you, Rosie. It's the skirt I'm wearing here. I made it from an old leather coat, there was even enough material left for a bag :)

MyStyle said...

Hi there-love your answers and it must be great to be able to make your own clothes!! x

INTRO TO MY LIFE said...

What an and amazing post, its great finding out more about you

Ninjagaiden78 said...

Nice questions. I like jeans on women too, but there is something about a woman in a dress that is irresistable.

windowshop78.blogspot.com

Fashionistable said...

I love it that Liberty is your home. Great post, shots and answers. Xxxx

Mat said...

here here to living in liberty's, perfect place. i miss being so close

Kellie W. said...

I love reading through these tag surveys, they always have such good questions! Slouchy/sexy describes your style perfectly!

As for your comment on my blog, you were exactly right, ha! Weirdly enough, my dream IS to move to the English countryside. Hopefully in the next few years, I'll be able to move to the U.K. :)

Clara said...

ohh wow! amazing blog!

this free bird said...

this was super fun to read. i'm with you shoes as the fave accessory - they speak a language of their own :)

xoxo,
carrie

thesydneygirl said...

LOVE the jeans xx

thesydneygirl said...

just added you to twitter!! :) X

Clare said...

LOOOVE this post. I loved reading about you! You really are as awesome as I thought.

Alejandro said...

Cool blog :)

Look SpotterStreet Style Fashion

Anonymous said...

I always inspired by you, your views and way of thinking, again, appreciate for this nice post.

- Thomas

Marta said...

great answers!

我 moi said...

oh, multi-coloured toe nails,I adore very much!

Hannie said...

I like your blog!
keep in touch
xoxo from Hannie

The Zhush said...

Thanks for the tag...really enjoyed reading your answers here. Like you, I find Daphne Guinness so compelling (and gorgeous!)
xx

meggasus said...

great interview! The way you describe your style "sexy secretary with slouch" is veryy cool! You should check out the Olsen's spring/summer 2011 collection...i wrote about it yesterday on the blog- and it is exactly what you described!

Leia said...

Loved reading your answers! My iPhone is attached to my hip too...

Leia

Maddy said...

I like tags too! It gives your a little perspective on the person "behind the fashion" :) And I think Sexy Secretary is very fitting for your style, but I'm not sure I agree with the term slouch. When I hear it, it sounds "sloppy" and you're nothing like that!

Ioana Liliana Gheorghe said...

These tags are great indeed, you get to know so much about a person. Liberty is my favourite fashion store as well! And I do have a preference for natural fabrics as well.

Good one!

xx

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I loved getting to read this! I love Liberty too. I have to get back there soon :) xoxo

Angie Muresan said...

Ohhh... I LOVE these Q and A's!

ediot said...

LOVEd reading these. i will take the challenge soon -thank you dear. great photos you attached to the post.
x

Style Odyssey said...

well said, intelligent answers.
as for "doing something with fashion", sometimes- when one already has a wonderful career in a different field- it's best to indulge in fashion for enjoyment and camaraderie- like you've done with your blog, and as i've done with mine. i'm glad you took your sister-in-law's advice- you have a great blog here. :)