7.11.10

Fun, Games & Looking for Girlfriends

Psynopsis Stolen Girlfriends Club Skull Jewellery

Psynopsis Stolen Girlfriends Club T-Shirt

Psynopsis Stolen Girlfriends Club Dress SS11

Psynopsis Stolen Girlfriends Club SS11 Collage
The great thing about an invitation from the Robinson Pfeffer showroom is, you just know it's going to be fun. Not only is the showroom light and bright and a joy to be in, Andrea, Kyle and their team will make sure you get the most delicious juices and snacks and as much tea and coffee as your heart desires. The fact that you can also get a free massage (at which Sarah just jumped) nearly makes you forget that you’re there for the designers…


I really wanted to have another look at Stolen Girlfriends Club, a label started by 3 surfers that has evolved from being a New Zealand insiders' tip with cult following and notorious (including fights) shows to now being sold at e.g. Asos and Liberty London. Looking at the designs I can’t but think that a lot of them are a man's dream what his (long-limbed surfer) girl should wear (including boob patches, so HOT for ss 2011 anyway), but clothes that say 'Life's one big party', can't be bad, really. And the t-shirts and jewellery are definitely cool*.


All clothes Stolen Girlfriends Club spring/summer 2011

*I liked everything stocked at RobPfeffer, it's more the pink tight trousers with lace flare on their website that give me second thoughts.


32 comments:

Kazuko said...

oh lucky you. that sounds (and looks) so great! stolen girlfriend club - a label, which i keep reading about in many blogs. have to catch up...

Vintage Vixen said...

That looks like a groovy label! I love the jewellery and a free massage is always good. xxx

danniekate said...

i'm so annoyed I missed you Sabine, i really wanted to see you - looks like we have similar tastes though...xx

SabinePsynopsis said...

I'm sad too, Daniekate. One day!!!

tanvii.com said...

Such pretty and delicate pieces. I love this stuff. I will have to look them up! I envy that you get to attend such amazing events Sabine! :)

Jen said...

Love the first t-shirt and that necklace! So cute. x

MyStyle said...

Hi there-very nice pieces here and how lovely to get a free massage too! xx

MarchMusings said...

Fashion and relaxation can only be good together. Stolen Girlfriends is such a cool Kiwi label.

Closet Fashionista said...

Ooh how cool!! Sounds like there was a lot of fun to be had, haha.
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Clare said...

ANOTHER amazing event you got to go to! I am so jealous of your life. ANd I want that first top. It is hilarious

shari @ little blue deer said...

Those are sick! Definitely adding that to the next Christmas list/guest post I get asked to do. How ARE you? I've been freakin' busy doing blog design, but I wanted to come by and say hello, I see you're looking gorgeous as ever and I was beside myself to see your Diptyque post, I am obsessed with Diptyque. Try Figuier. And Coriandre. XX!

Marinka said...

those are such beautiful outfits , I like the sheer tops they are really nice

Vinda Sonata said...

i love SGC. the clothes in this post are very beautiful, sabine. lucky you:)

Upasna said...

I checked out the website, looks wonderful! And I love the name as well :) fun!

jemina said...

SGC has beautiful pieces, and I have seen their items worn by many fashion bloggers :), and thanks for sharing your SGC "adventure" with us :)

KISSES
J
xoxo

The Nyanzi Report said...

cool stuff. the name of the label is certain to get anyone's attention. not to mention their very cool merchandise.
great marketing for them to tap into the blogosphere.

SabinePsynopsis said...

So right, David. They are all over the blogging world. And how can you ignore this name and designs?

hiven said...

love these!
x enter my giveaway? six whole miss patina dresses to giveaway.

Anonymous said...

wow!!! what gorgeous brands robinson pfeffer has! loooove the jewellery! x

Heather said...

hmm I think we were lucky here in aus to here about stolen girlfriends quite early on :)

tres cool tshirts :P

Maddy said...

You're spot on! The clothes do scream "Life's a Party!"! Sounds like another fab event! Love the first tee!

Couture Millinery Atelier. said...

Sabine, I have never heard of this lable before and starting to feel a bit like a dino or maybe I am just too old?!:-))) The pieces I see on the pictures look amazing, something I would really like to look into!

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

I, too, have never heard of this label, another reason why I enjoy reading your blog, new labels, your DIY and loads of surprises;-)

Marian said...

some gorgeous pieces
xoxo
marian.

Zarna said...

these are amazing pieces! i love the pink/beige dress and the skull necklace!

stayfabulous,
zarna
www.zarnasrunway.com

..R May A.. said...

love the stolen girlfriend piece!
& the beige dress in gorgeous :)

Holly Anne said...

Never heard of them before, but that stuff is cute!

Fashionistable said...

Pretty collection. Like the edgy undertone though. Xxxx

polka dot said...

This post inspired me to start looking at my own RP photos - and ended up posting on Modus/Pringle instead.

We're all kind of like those painters in Paris in the 20s & 30s - we influence each other. I feel inspired when I visit your blog!

Have a lovely day. Are you going to Jaeger by any chance? At least if we're in the same place at the same time we'll know what we look like. Or perhaps, not. xo

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing such a useful stuff!

Anonymous said...


Very amusing thoughts, well told, everything is in its place:0))