5.11.10

Hear Me Roar

Psynopsis Me and Kashmere Scarf
I'm working the old illusionary thing again that shopping now means saving money since soon all prices will go UP due to the VAT increase in January (and then I will never ever buy one thing again, simple). Plus I also had a £50 Liberty London voucher because I'm a 'valued customer' (or rather a slightly demented fan single-handedly trying to keep a British treasure alive), so there was really no excuse anymore to not finally buy myself something…

Psynopsis Me and Kashmere Scarf Collage
LEOPARDY! Tell me, how do you feel about the wild cat look? For me it’s the biggest love-hate relationship; so much so that I could not bring myself to buy one single leopard print item – until now. I also totally abhor all these recommendations à la: 'If you are frightended of the leopard print, start with a scarf'. Because, how boring it this?!? But I did exactly that – started with a scarf, for a very simple reason: While strolling through the new scarf room I spotted the most beautiful, soft, luxurious leopard print scarf. Yves Saint Laurent… nice! £500… WHAT?!? Even the friendly sales assistant agreed with me that this was quite pricey. But you know how it is, you've fallen in love, you can't have it – at least you need something to sweeten the blow. The scarf by Me & Kashmiere was considerably cheaper, and it being 100% cashmere it feels nice, nice, nice. So, now that I've broken the spell I might still go into full leopard mode (one day).


scarf: me & kashmere, vest: topshop, skirt: rené lezard vintage

As promised here the links to the Liberty London Facebook page where you can see me
here and Sarah here, and many other happy people being draped with beautiful scarves.

29 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

How did you KNOW I have been eyeing a leopard print something something these last few weeks? A scarf is perfect for me! As is a pair of shoes with leopard print or a clutch. And seriously, you have such a fit body! Envy all over!

Vintage Vixen said...

Envy!!! That scarf is totally fabulous on you, Sabine. That really is an investment and you'll love it for years to come. Great Facebook photos, you and Sarah look gorgeous. xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Oh, thank you! Leopard print shoes are definitely the next thing on my list, Tiffany.

Vinda Sonata said...

you look great.
i love the leopard prints combined with the white dress. just perfect!

drollgirl said...

WAH! i cannot see the picture! eff you, blogger! but i KNOW you must look fab.

it is good to start slowly with leopard print, and on a limited scale. too much animal print is downright kooky, but i bet you play it just right. i have to say that i do, too. ahahahhahaha

have a super weekend!!!

Rachana said...

You look great and I simply loved the 2nd click.

INTRO TO MY LIFE said...

You have amazing style and you always look great, enjoy it girl

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

your scarf is really gorgeous, it looks so airy

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Sabine! Do it! Go into full leopard mode. Belive me you will love it. I've been here for a long while and it's lovely :)

I'm in love with your scarf. As if you couldn't already tell...

Have a great weekend, honey! xoxo

jemina said...

Sabine, that is one BRILLIANT scarf, and I love how you wear white as it makes the scarf "pops" even more

Wishing you a lovely weekend

XOXO
J

Marinka said...

I agree with the comment above that scarf really suits you..the print is great on you!

E said...

That a scarf is so beautiful! It looks incredible with your outfit!

tanvii.com said...

I think that scarf will stay with you for a long time ... Your pictures on facebook are fab! Everyone looks great!

Kazuko said...

same with me here: thought about buying a leopard scarf for a looong time for very similar reasons. everyone has one, cause it's sooo fashionable. but you'll wear and love it forever (even when the leopard fashion is over) since it looks simply good on you. i love the first picture and how you combine it with an all-white outfit. beautiful!

PinkBow said...

i like leopard! love the effects on these pics too.

commodestyle said...

Great photos,you look fabs.!!!

Leia said...

I adore leopard print! And I love this scarf. I'm sure it's the start of an unhealthy obsession :P Love the effect in the second picture!

Leia

Isabel said...

i recently fell in love with a YSL leopard scarf but i do agree the price was a bit insane! im a fan of the leopard trend so i love this on you :)

Susana R. said...

Hello :)
My Blog and one of the most trendy stores ever are givingaway one amazing shearling coat to one lucky winner!
To enter just visit my blog :)
xoxo
P.S.: Sorry for the spam, but this is really a great giveaway :)

The Nyanzi Report said...

the leopard is alive and well this winter season.
that scarf looks like a winner to me.

styleeast said...

Leopard scarves are my winter staple - great with camel coats and leathers. But nobody needs to spend £500, my favourite came from a Spanish market for a few euros! x

Kristen said...

love the leopard look. great scarf

Heather said...

yep, I have started to embrace leopard too! It took a while to warm to it again after the 90s ;)

jamie-lee said...

Haha well that's a good reason to be shopping now. I think that's the same with sales.. you're "saving money" :) Love that leopard scarf xx

http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

Rosie Unknown said...

I don't actually own anything leopard print, but I'm looking for the perfect start to a collection. It's one of my favourite prints, but I just haven't been finding the right piece.

danniekate said...

see, your leopard print phobia was like my trouserphobia! and don't you look lovely in it! x

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Am not keen on the Leopard 'Trend' thingy, but I'm sure it looks fabulous on You;-)

Fashionistable said...

Looks good on you. Cool shots of you and Sarah. Xxxx

rossovelvet said...

Still have something against it but definitely better on you than in a Cavalli show XD