26.11.10

London | Sketched & Patched

Psynopsis Sketch London

Psynopsis Sketch London Collage

Psynopsis Sketch London Collage
4 days with my sister showed me that living your life with a baby and a toddler is fun, but it's also incredibly exhausting. The moment you attend to one the other one will make sure it smashes her head in or falls down the stairs and you need to be Mrs Supercool (which my sister is) to not suffer from a continuous nervous breakdown. But to get her away from it all – at least for a day – I dragged her to London where we raided Zara (which normally is the place I go in and out in 30 seconds, thinking 'boooooring'; but not this time, oh no!) and collapsed in Sketch (which the wonderful Andrea of Robinson Pfeffer recommended as an alternative to my usual tea-after-shopping place).

With its far-out interior design, French waitresses wearing snug rosé jackets, bloomers and red Converses and cute floral teapots Sketch is pretty much the closest you can get to feeling like Alice on mushrooms while nibbling on your Earl Grey or cinnamon macaroons and slurping tea. And when you arrive at the toilets you wonder if there really wasn’t something in your Darjeeling...

Happy Weekend, Darlingas, it being a long one for many, giving Thanks and all!

All pictures taken on the iphone.

25 comments:

polka dot said...

That's where we should go! When we finally meet, I mean.

These photos are oh so Alice in Wonderland actually. My sister is Mrs. Supercool, too. I think I started a reply to you but didn't send it.. first tho to call my sister in the States. Looks lovely and I've never been to Sketch. xox

vint junky said...

I'm tipping my hat to your sis. I found it exhausting with one little toddles, nevermind two. Really admire mothers with multiple little people ;)

ediot said...

hi sweetie.
i feel like having a tea -party after seeing your photos.
hope you're having a good friday dear
x

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

your pics are so cute. hope you are having a wonderful time on your holiday. kids can be totally exhausting! im thankful i dont have any yet ;)

Kazuko said...

sounds lovely! missing a place like sketch in dubai, which is totally in the hands of all the US coffeeshop chains. :(

Vintage Vixen said...

I'd be a nervous wreck babysitting never mond having two tiddlers in tow.
That place looks fabulous, I love the waitress's trippy outfit immensely. Happy weekend to you, Sabine and keep warm. xxx

PinkBow said...

This place looks amazing!

(Btw thank you for your German translation)!

Marella said...

Great pics!

tanvii.com said...

Love the pictures!!! Abstract! I am great with kids. I love them. But only till they are smiling :)

jemina said...

That tea place looks awesome, wishing you a lovely weekend :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

Rosie Unknown said...

It sounds amazing, I hope I get to check it out someday!

Cloud of Secrets said...

Bless your heart, taking mamma-sister on a fun, bright, girls' day outing. I know well the strain of running a household with infant and toddler. Alas, I don't have your sister's supercool - I have had more than one nervous breakdown as the neediness, accidents, and messes pile one on top of the other!

WendyB said...

I've got one toddler nephew around and that's exhausting enough!

danniekate said...

oh boy, babies can be so tiring! i hope you had a ncie thanksgiving, if you celebrated it :) i did invite you to mine, lucy and carries xmas do, right? xx

Heather said...

looks fun, a little like Serendipity in NY maybe :)

xx

..R May A.. said...

ooh I love these pictures!
stunning post :)

Zarna said...

awesome photos - looks like a really fun time!

Jen said...

I love that floral china. Gorgeous photos! x

WeShop said...

By total coincidence I was looking at the Sketch website this week. It looks a really cool place but the website is crazy! xx
http://www.weshopthereforeweare.co.uk/

Hope Adela said...

these pictures are so fun! i love your converse! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Stéphanie said...

Fantastic pictures !

Maddy said...

Shopping with your sister is the best, isn't it? I have one of those "shopping dates" scheduled with my youngest sis for her bday tomorrow. I'm thinking a little shopping, lunching and sight seeing will be grand!

Miss Kiki Lovelace said...

ohhh noooooo! hihi! ive got two nephews and they can be a real pain sometimes...hahaha...you cant have too many fights over Thomas the Tank Engine...tsk tsk. x :)

ByeByeSoccerMom said...

You're such a great sister. Yes, having two little ones is exhausting (mine are 19 mos apart). I had two in diapers for a long time.
What a great way to relax. I'm sure your sis "ate it all up"!

rossovelvet said...

Glad you had fun together girls!