11.1.11

Art | Come to the Circus

Psynopsis Circus Magazine The Bloggers' Bookazine

Psynopsis Circus Magazine The Bloggers' Bookazine 80s Supermodels

Psynopsis Circus Magazine The Bloggers' Bookazine Weird Bunny
Remember my raving about the new blogger's bookazine 'Circus'? The post lead to a) me finally cancelling my Vogue subscription. I just got too bored by the concept of 'Look-at-this-beautiful-world-which-you'll-never-be-part-of-and-can't afford-anyway' message, and with the ascendence of street blogs the glossy, photoshopped-to-death pictures just started looking strange to me. Not that I'm never ever going to look at Vogue or Harper's again (can't enter a train without a magazine anyway), it just isn't the source of fashion information the way it used to be for me anymore.

But b) much more important – the lovely people of Herznote sent me two Circus magazines to give away. So if you are interested in receiving a free copy (the mag comes with a cute cotton shopping bag claiming 'I don’t consider myself a model') just add to your comment: "I want a magazine!" (or something along these lines)* and you'll be included in the draw.

And in case you can't wait to get your hands on one of these amazing, artistic, entertaining, 3-lingual bookazines (or if you are not a lucky winner…) – you can read more about and buy your own Circus magazine here (& if you add the voucher code PSYNOPSIS you get £3 off the price. Don't ask me how and if it works, I'm just the messenger… So go shoot someone else. NOOOOO, don't do that!)

*until Sunday, the 16th of January 2011.

Pictures all from Circus Fashion bookazine. Background in pic 1: Justin Todd's 'Strong Women'

26 comments:

Vintage Vixen said...

I WANT A MAGAZINE!
Please!!!
What a brilliant idea, real life style is so much more inspirational and fun than those bland magazine shoots with those skinny babies masquerading as women.
I'll definately buy this if I don't get lucky! xxx

Mat said...

good on the cancelling, still good to look at the shoots ect but i've never loved vogue. much prefer reading my sisters elle. put that cash to something more suitable.

Echi said...

I want a magazine pleaseee!
yeah, vogue is just too much, too much.

Veshoevius said...

Interesting looking publication! I want a magazine! Vogue's February edition has managed to make me grumpy too.

Maddy said...

I want a magazine!! And yea for you saying "Damn the Man!" ;o) I think magazines like Vogue and Harper's will have to rethink their marketing soon. With so many successful fashion bloggers out there, their approach is looking more and more antiquated with each passing day! Circus definetly looks like a breath of fresh air!

Madame G said...

Yes Please!
I want that magazine!

Circus looks like a publication I'd read and want to keep. Too many times now do I buy a glossy for the train and LEAVE it there afterwards...

Fashionistable said...

Me too, I Want A Magazine. Looks fabulous. The big magazines are £4 an issue now, that feels like a lot. Xxxx

Fashionistable said...

Ooops just realised I didn't say please. Please. Xxxx

MJ said...

Oh. My. God. This would be the perfect thing to cheer me up in the last few days of my dissertation! Pretty please can I have one?

Hannah said...

The magazine looks gorgeous, I would love to be entered thank you please! I know what you mean about Vouge. I love it for the beautiful pictures and interesting articles but it really is above and beyond what most mortals can achieve on their 'normal' salaries =(

Hannah xx

Dancing Branflake said...

I want! I want!

the nyanzi report said...

great concept.

My Obsessions..... said...

I want! Great concept....Please follow my new blog http://monobsessions.blogspot.com/
Take Care,
N.V

Heart Charlie said...

Amazing book and wonderful photos ;)

Debby said...

Hi! Thanks for your sweet comment on my guest post over at The Alternative Wife today. I am now following you! xo

Girl about Oslo said...

I love the shoot of the supermodels:)

They were such an inspiration:)

wulanasihsetyarini said...

Hm.. i dont know about that before.. but thanks for sharing..
i like those model on the 3rd pic..

love
http://wulanasihsetyarini.wordpress.com

northwest is best said...

I would like a magazine, please! It looks really cool. I do still look at Vogue sometimes, but not so much for inspiration. More out of curiosity.

tanvii.com said...

Couldn't agree more - 'Look-at-this-beautiful-world-which-you'll-never-be-part-of-and-can't afford-anyway' ... I would want to get my hands on that magazine too!

Cindy Whitehead said...

Great magazine and concept - just from the pics you posted it looks amazing!! Yes, Vogue etc are getting a bit repetitious lately - I agree. Keep on finding awesome new publications like this and our cravings are satisfied!

Ms. Givens said...

I want a magazine!
Please.

Kazuko said...

totally agree, Sabine! the "grand" magazines have become so boring. and the most interesting parts in vogue or elle are the streetstyle articles. :)

Silver Strands said...

Neat post Sabine ... and I completely agree with you!
oxox
Denalee

Reg said...

i want this magazine!!!! :)

xx
heyrocketgirl

vint junky said...

Oh yes please, I want a magazine!
I cancelled my vogue subscription last year too after spending 5 years trying to collect them for the kiddo when she gets older. December issue was the final nail in the coffin...it was woeful.
xxx

rossovelvet said...

Also we'll meet for sure during Fashion Week! I study in Somerset House and live really, really close so just let me know.
I'm sending my invitations requests these days... fingers crossed, damn!