17.8.11

Style | Bare Essentials

Psynopsis Angelica in Topshop Vest Oroblu Ripped Tights
Psynopsis Angelica in Topshop Vest
As the CD with the pictures of our last shoot for the Saint Martins styling course is now living a sunnier live in Brasil with my group buddie Yasmin, I tried to remember what it was all about… Texture and structure and no colour distraction. Yeap, I think deep in my heart lives a purist who wants to strip everything to its bare essentials.
Psynopsis Angelica in Topshop Vest Faith Leopard Shoes

top: topshop, trousers: moschino cheap & chic/diy (well, you can't really call it diy, they just fell apart, the ripping bit was easy), shoes: faith, courtesy of debenhams, belt: judo equipment, tights: oroblu/diy

Thank you, Sarah for assisting and Angelica for modelling.

bloglovingoogle friend connecttwitter

21 comments:

Kazuko said...

beautiful! (your model is also quite photogenic!) loved the judo belt from the beginning! it gives every piece you combine it with that certain japanese purism! :D no, seriously!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Ahh, the judo belt... I think it has become a default prop. I love it, too. So wrappy.

Vix said...

What a stunner! Doesn't she just ooze sesuality. Love the ingenius use of the judo belt. x

Natasha said...

it's so effortlessly casual, yet sexy and unique... love it! and although I'm not a huge fan of animal print shoes, these are lovely!

Maddy said...

I think you've found a calling in fashion photography! These are gorgeous! B&W was a perfect choice too!

Dancing Branflake said...

Sabine! These photos are so gorgeous! Wow! And I love all your DIY projects. So unexpected yet completely you.

margaritats said...

love your style!

janettaylor said...

Fantastic D.I.Y. project!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Fashionistable said...

The 1st shot made me take a sharp intake of breath. Glorious. Love it that they are B/W, helps with your stripping everything back. Xxxx

Tanvi said...

Absolutely stunning. At first i thought they were from some editorial! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

Isabel said...

these photos are stunning!

Kavery said...

The judo belt is the surprising star of this ensemble. And the ripped tights too

Zarna said...

these shots are insanely amazing! WOW!

ediot said...

such fun styling here. and the model is so naturally beautiful
wonderful photos sabine. well done.
xx

Fashion Tales.... said...

The tights are amazing as well. Love the shoot. -xo

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh my I'm just loving all of this wrapping! And the judo belt is always amazing. And those tights are making me kinda wish for fall, if you can believe :) xoxo

drollgirl said...

i think this is beautiful! and a nice contrast to all of the pattern explosions that are EVERYWHERE.

Rosalind said...

Texture and structure - mmm - love the way this works in your black and white photos, especially with (as many have already said) the inspired use of the judo belt.

The Foolish Aesthete said...

The beauty of monochrome and deconstruction ... I absolutely love these images and styling, down to the judo belt. (Somehow I keep thinking of Junye Watanabe.) That last image is amazing!

xs said...

those tights are pretty amazing. quite possible for a diy project, i think!

Fashion Estilo said...

tiens un blog precioso, me gusta, te sigo vale.. un besazo.