19.8.11

Style | Give Us Some Rock Chick

Psynopsis Abi in Matalan Cardigan
Psynopsis Matalan Cardigan Skirt and Bag B&Be Bag
Ay-ha, I love working with PR agencies, and some collaborations are more entertaining than others… Like when Matalan contacted me the other day - 'Would you like to take part in our rock chick website challenge?' 'Sure!' I might not have ever come close to a Matalan website, but I'm always up for a styling challenge…

So I choose the clothes (cut-off denim shorts, printed tee… done done done, no thanks, but dang! what's left?!) and I wait. 'Where are the pictures, where are the pictures? We need them NOW!' Okay, okay! Clothes arrive, but I still need a model (because yes, I can be many things – mad shoe woman, Game of Thrones wannabe… but rock chick I AM NOT). It's lucky that Abi walks through the door (on her way to that-festival-in-Cornwall-which-name-I've-now-forgotten… see, not an ounce of rocking chicken in me… Boardmasters, that's it). 'Abi, could you please be my rock chick?' 'Sure. I've got 10 minutes.' It was all very quick and I got a nagging feeling that Abi has more rhythm in her little finger than my outfit all together, but who cares… 'twas fun.
Psynopsis Abi in Matalan Cardigan Leggings Skirt and Bag Ash Boots

If you feel so inclined, you can vote for your favourite dance girl on the Matalan blog (but only if you use Firefox or Safari because the site doesn't open in Internet Explorer… No, don't ask me, I'm not an agency).

P.S. It was even more fun when they weren't happy with my picture because I should be the rock chick. Well, I fought my space on that one because - well, mad shoe woman, game of thrones, etc.

most clothes (long black cardigan, black skirt, red jeggings worn as scarf) and grey bag: courtesy of matalan, boots: ash, rest: model's own. Big Thanks to Abi for helping me out and to Matalan for including me in the project.


bloglovingoogle friend connecttwitter

24 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

Love this collaboration! She is a natural. It's funny how some people just "are" something while others are not. It's like it's in their blood or something.

the nyanzi report said...

great job.

Vix said...

Absolutely brilliant, Sabine. Abi looks far more of a rock chick than the predictable teenager in denim cut offs or a tea dress. You did such a great job I'd almost be tempted to go to Matalan. x

Maddy said...

I remember the days when I rocked fishnets and combat boots. Yes...I tried on the rock chick phase for a bit while I was trying to find myself, it was fun but didn't last :) Abi looks effortless in the ensemble!

Clare said...

Oh what an awesome look. This is perfect for her and the layering is flawless!

Clare said...

Oh! And a French dip sandwich is a sanwich with provolone hceese and roast beef with the dipping sauce that tastes just like french onion soup! hahaha

Harriet said...

Love the look you selected - I have voted for you!

I had a *lot* of trouble with Matalan's delivery service when I took part in their challenge - it oficially made me part of the 'I hate Yodel' club!

Kimberly said...

Hey !
You certainly look like a rock chick with those boots girl ! They're so fierce :)

XOox

PinkBow said...

Ha you're funny Sabine! Love the look, well styled, she looks very cool.

Fashionistable said...

I would love to be a rock chic...sometimes. You have done a great job here in quick smart time by the sounds of it. Xxxx

sacramento said...

I love the look Sabine. You are an artist, but you know that...
Enjoy your weekend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Fab job, Sabine! Abi is totally rock chicked out! Reminds me of something I would have worn in my alternative music days in the 80s. Love it! :) xoxo

Cindy Whitehead said...

I am loving this story - I can just imagine your response about the pictures!! LOL

BTW - I love the shots - absolutely ROCK CHICK!!!

Veshoevius said...

Great styling Sabine though I personally think you have rock chick written all over you! And my word - is that a bandanna I'm seeing in your model's tresses? I used to make my own back in the days of idolising Bananrama's dress sense (and I probably was much the same age as your model!)

Pratishtha Durga said...

Oh, she does rock it! And in ten minutes too. You did a great job. Love the look.

danniekate said...

ooh, check you and your layering! cool post :) xxx

Kat said...

Great rock chick look, love the layered look! Glad Matalan let you use your model- she looks great :)

xx

WeShop said...

Love the peek of purple lace - very cool. xx
We Shop Therefore We Are

Zarna said...

your accessories are awesome!

Fátima Payán said...

so fierce but chic!

velvetbloom.blogspot.com

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

This picture embodies the rebel in the Rock Chic. Now see how good you are at adorning? OKay, others say Styling;-)

Isabel said...

ooh that sounds like a fun challenge!

drollgirl said...

game of thrones woman?!?!? lol! i am reading the first book (it is L=O=N=G), and now i will picture you any time a female character is being discussed. :)

Follow Your Own Way said...

i love the style!