28.9.11

London | Fashion Toast

Psynopsis The Dorchester Bar Cocktails

Psynopsis The Dorchester Bar
As I'm hopelessly limping behind with my fashion week pics anyway I've decided it can't hurt to take a little detour to the Dorchester and get tipsy on Elisir di Giulietta – one of the dang-bang-delicious cocktails which you can – if you do like my childhood hero (and a now grown-up) Eloise and live in a luxury hotel or just happen to be part of the jet-setting world – drink in one of the European hotels of the Dorchester Collection.

BUT, hold your ice cubes… These are not just ambrosial drinks (as if you could call a concoction with Elisir di Santa Novella ever just 'a drink', it must have healing properties surely) – each of these cocktails stand for one of 5 shortlisted designers for the Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize 2011: Giulietta by Sofia Sizzi, Julian Louie, Setareh Mohtarez, Siki Im and jewellery designer Anndra Neen. (If you want to read more about the prize or the designers, just click on the links.) Personally I think they are all amazing. So, Good luck to them all & Cheers!
Psynopsis The Dorchester Bar Elisir di Santa Novella

Big thanks to Jackie and Alpana for inviting me to a wonderful and informative evening.

bloglovingoogle friend connecttwitter

22 comments:

polka dot said...

Oh I have so much to catch up on here! And no time! I love these photos - saw you tweet something about the Dorchester, I didn't know what you meant. It looks like a wonderful evening.

Thanks for your comment, sweet pea, and in case you didn't happen to come back again, my reply:

Sabine, your hair is already nearly there... I think you'd look lovely. Maybe with it dipping into a warmer fuschia burbundy near the ends.. yes, well put, warm and optimistic, like you!

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Enjoy this MAGIC weather! See you again soon I hope. xoxo

sacramento said...

Delicious and magic pics, Sabine.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Ooh la la, I haven't had a sophisticated night out like this in ages! Great mood you captured in these photos, and I'm amazed you could still type straight after those wonderful cocktails! xx

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-what a totally decadent and gorgeous evening, those cocktails sound and look soo delicious, lucky lady!! xxx

Vix said...

Sharon just summed up my thoughts, decadent. Olives and cocktails...mmmm! Wish I could click my fingers and get some brought over to the keyboard right now, this sunbathing lark is very tiring. x

Silver Strands said...

Great pics Sabine - sounds like a wonderful time!

Leia said...

Sounds like a great evening!

Leia

janettaylor said...

looks gorgeous!

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Dancing Branflake said...

Ha! I was expecting more bread in this post. But these photos certainly make up for the lack of carbs. Such an elegant display.

INTRO TO MY LIFE said...

very nice, the photos are amazing and i need a drink right now, lol i love it and wish i was there

Andrea said...

Those drinks look so lovely, such a nice intimate evening.

the nyanzi report said...

oooh la la.

drollgirl said...

GASP! those drinks are gorgeous! and i trust they do the trick, too! i could use one (or SEVEN) right about now! :)

Fashion Tales.... said...

The photos are so inviting, and I love a good cocktail. Looks like such a beautiful evening and great ambiance.
~Madison :)

Ioana Liliana said...

Sounds like such a great event! And I so missed you blog, so sorry to not have been dropping by lately . . :)

Fashionistable said...

What a lovely idea. I never knew the Dorchester did this. The designers great. However if you didnt like the cocktail assigned to them would that colour your judgement..... Xxxx

Zarna said...

looks like such a fun evening - very chic!

Soccer Mom Style said...

love how you describe a drink having healing quality. I definitely need one right now! lol
xx
maya

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

All I can say is why wasn't I there?!?! Looks like my kind of evening :) xoxo

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I really liked that compassionate comment you wrote on my blog about poor Mrs. Winchester. It is difficult to grieve and she found a fulfilling way to move on with her life while staying close to her lost loved ones. xx

Like Mousse Au Choco said...

Huummm these drinks looking so h good I think I need some drinks that weekend !! nice blog !!

Melissa:: Strong Sense of Style said...

Looks like a good time! I could use some bubbles right now and the Dorchester is one of my FAVS!