14.9.11

Style | NYFW - Digestive Biscuits


Psynopsis NYFW SS12 Suno
Psynopsis NYFW SS12 Suno
Fashion Weeks are Confusion Weeks for me. I'm glued to style.com, trying to decipher the common denominators, but instead of clear analysis too much information turns my brain into a gooey custard. Putting together some things that stuck out in the pudding mess might help…

1. Personally I'm not a fan of patterns. You won't find any tribal prints in my wardrobe, nor dots or plaid; even stripes I find difficult… until I saw the designs by Suno. Now I'm sold, utterly.


Psynopsis NYFW SS12 Altuzarra
2. White. Asian dame and drawstring dress at The Row & swingy-clingy dresses at Altuzarra. Like.
Psynopsis NYFW SS12 Rag & Bone3. Capes for summer and electric Blue at Rag & Bone.
Psynopsis NYFW SS12 Alexander Wang


4. Urban warrior summer ski wear at Alexander Wang. Yesss!

Psynopsis NYFW SS12 Donna Karan

5. Did I say 'no prints, please'? I eat my words because I also totally fancy Donna Karan’s Haiti inspired dirndl skirts (especially worn with these tops).
Psynopsis NYFW SS12 Edun
5 ½. Just 1 more! Edun to make me feel really stupid about my 'no prints' attitude, and to remember how cool blue is in bright summer light and that drawstrings are not just THE THING but also THE BEST (especially after a big fat lunch)…

Okay, I leave you with this extremely foodie sounding post… Did you find anything yummy yet?

source of all pictures: style.com

bloglovingoogle friend connecttwitter

24 comments:

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Ah, this is all very fancy here today. And straight from the catwalk, too;-)

Dancing Branflake said...

I am such a fashion dummie. But I do appreciate something when I see it.And totally agree with the drawstrings. Perfect brunch clothes.

Vix said...

You don't like prints?!!?
These are utterly delicious choices. I love that rich blue colour and the cutting skills of The Row and Altuzarra and that urban skiwear is amazing. x

SabinePsynopsis said...

@Vix - I do appreciate them visually but find them very difficult to wear myself... These I can easily imagine wearing.

Victoria said...

I love people when mix print a lot but I have to say that in my personal style I don't do it :) I love Alexander Wang! so amazing! x

Rosalind said...

You're right about the Suno prints AND the Donna Karan prints too. Definitely delicious.

sacramento said...

I love patterns and prints, and anything baroque, hehehehhehe.
That is what makes the world such an interesting place.
Much love, my dear Sabine.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

INTRO TO MY LIFE said...

i don't mind the tribal prints trend that is happening, but i dont think i can pull off the print on print thing (tribal over strips or floral). cute on the runway, odd in streetstyle.

Allegra said...

lovely post!

I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm taking part in the bloggers wardrobe competition - please please please vote for me by liking:

1. http://www.facebook.com/bloggerswardrobe

2. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210022279058096&set=a.210019082391749.53433.199739743419683&type=1&theater

every like counts! please help me win this!

kirafashion said...

I also love The Row and Donna Karan... all chic in different ways... amazing post!

Fashionistable said...

You are funny. I love prints and stripes. The last 3 shots are my favourites. Xxxx

danniekate said...

i like the white! i don't know if i like print or not. i can appreciate it on others...also are you photographing me at LFW? xx

ediot said...

what a great compilation of collections you're sharing here. well done. and thanks.
Lots of nice pieces here, i especially love the white..
Zambesi is NZ i think.
hope you're having a good week
x

Harriet said...

Gorgeous gorgeous choices! I especially love Suno - I'm a print fan myself, and these blow me away!

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Love your picks. I can see myself wearing that 2nd Suno outfit immediately (and I don't tend to mix prints either, but this really works) and wish I had the right figure for A. Wang's super cool "ski" wear.

bohemianbones said...

I also end up a lot confused with FWs, it always too much information!
But u've made a great guide!!! Im trying to make mine but it turning out a bit harder than i thought!

loved ur!
xxx

www.bohemianbones.blogspot.com

wulanasihsetyarini said...

yes, the patterns and prints are my love, thanks for sharing sabine..

http://wulanasihsetyarini.wordpress.com

the nyanzi report said...

ha! you're hilarious.

Maddy said...

I love prints on others, I just can never seem to incorporate it into my wardribe in a way that suits me. But I do love stripes...maybe too much! I know horizontal stripes are hard to pull off, but I don't care. I just love my striped tees.

Fashionistable said...

Re: your comment - how amazing is that. I for one am amazed and to top it all I photographed a beekeeper today....... Xxxxx

drollgirl said...

i'll take ALL the donna karan. i always love her stuff. it is easy to love; not so easy to afford. lol.

Tanvi said...

I LOVE the ALL WHITE! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

devorelebeaumonstre. said...

nice! xo

devorelebeaumonstre.com

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-wishing you a very speedy recovery, take care and keep warm. I would love the Donna Karan dirndl skirt, very gorgeous!! xxx