7.10.11

People | Fashion Weeks – Totally Wrapped Up

Fashion weeks are truly finished. Sitting 3 weeks (or is it 4?... lost track) on my backside, getting updates and analysis from Cathy, Tommy and the experts from style.com on the fashion shows and everyone who sneeked around makes me feel like I've physically run the marathon myself. Which is why I can now give you my extremely subjective fashion weeks round-up

1. Arm parties… They're really pretty, but honestly, if I see one more over-decorated wrist I'll succumb to above mentioned exhaustion, fall over and refuse to wake up until next spring. But what could be the new fetishistic bodypart? The back? Like!, and perfect for summer.
2. Baseball caps are THE THING – on and off the runway.
3. My new favourite pin-up girl for masculinity wear… Gaia Repossi – who, although she's a jewellery designer, thinks that 'it's also beautiful to wear no jewellery at all.'*
4. Next year's summer skirts will be long in the back and short at the front and trousers will come two-toned.
5. There's a new arm shape in town (reminds me of the early 90s).
6. No need to work on your six-pack anymore… we've got peplum.
8. I'm so going to work on my colour combination skills! Plus, yellow is still going strong.
9. For me Giovanna Battaglia is still the chicest woman around.

C'est ca from me. If you followed the fashionable weeks... did anything stand out for you in New York, London, Milan and Paris?

*Quote from an interview she gave for The Gentlewoman.
All pictures in collage taken from style.com and Tommy Ton's The Streets Are Talking.

bloglovingoogle friend connecttwitter

26 comments:

the nyanzi report said...

sweet round-up and collection of pictures.

SabinePsynopsis said...

Ha David, you have seen it all IRL!

Sick by Trend said...

love the combination of those amazing and beautiful red pants and the green part :)

xx

Have a great weekend! :)

www.sickbytrend.com

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Ha! I LOVE your point about the arm parties. I was just thinking the same thing myself! Now the back is my favorite part to expose (since I am not endowed amply enough to do the reverse). And yes, Giovanna could wear a burlap sack and still look chic.

Vix said...

I've always embraced an overdecorated arm whether it's in fashion or not!
I love those red trousers! x

Dancing Branflake said...

Great recap! You have such a keen eye for fashion- definitely have a strong taste and I love that.

CutestPrincess said...

nice collections! thanks for sharing!


PS: you can win a bag of your choice by joining my giveaway --> VOTE 4 me & WIN a Bag

It’s a GIRL Thing

Tanvi said...

I quite like the idea of 'dressing up' the bare back! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Great round up! And you're so right about the arm party :)

Have a great weekend! xoxo

wikigirl said...

Thanks for making a page on Wikifashion :) Just letting you know that we have blog badges, if you'd like one? http://wikifashion.com/wiki/Wikifashion:Contributors_Needed

Aesthetic Alterations said...

That Peplum sounds Perfect!

Bang and Buck said...

love your coverage!

xo

Bang & Buck

Jazzy E (hivenn) said...

LOVE. x hivenn

polka dot said...

Oh Sabine I have SO MUCH to catch up on! YOur posts are great, I love the way you think. I don't even know, tho, what you mean about the arm parties. Do you mean bare arms with a lot of bracelets?

Oh, DUH, all I have to do is study the photos again. Of course!

Must run - came here to get your link because I only just mentioned you in passing (no photo!) but I can't wait to come back when I've got more time. I love the shots in the previous post. Wishing you a lovely Sunday Sabine! xx

WeShop said...

Love the orange dress - new fave colour. xx
We Shop Therefore We Are

Cindy Whitehead said...

I agree about the wrist candy Sabine... Less is more now that its been totally overdone (everywhere!)Love all your great shots (of EVERYTHING)!! Have an awsome week recovering (-:

ediot said...

really great selection of stunning shots. and i like the collages you made sabine. well done dear
hope you're having a good monday so far
xx

Fashionistable said...

Loving your pin board and round up here Sabine. I have still so much to do and show from my time at the shows. I wish my LL and the U had been time off but it was flat out busy. It is lovely to have the time to sit and compose my blog properly again and touch base with you. Xxxx

Angeles Almuna said...

Great post! love everything, specially all the bangles, the fabulous details and colors! so inspirational...
Kisses and come to visit me...

www.angelesalmuna.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angeles-Almuna-Design/108392002512648

Kavery said...

Lucky David of Nyanzi Report - seeing it all up close and personal

drollgirl said...

we have to do baseball caps? and all that wrist mess? lolololol! sorry to be a killjoy! i am not sure i am liking all of these trends. but i'll probably warm up to them as they are on their way out. lol!

E said...

Giovanna Battaglia is my idol! That woman oozes chic!

xs said...

love your update. and i totally agree with numero 1.

sacramento said...

I am a hobby personal blogger to, but I love learning new thing and passing them on.
I had lost you, because I change my domain, but I add you to my blogroll, yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mr. Taylor and his Lady said...

completely obsessed with all of those little accessories. it's all about the layering on!
xo TJ

cambridge satchel company said...

the necklace picture is one of my favorites