Fashion weeks are truly finished. Sitting 3 weeks (or is it 4?... lost track) on my backside, getting updates and analysis from Cathy, Tommy and the experts from style.com on the fashion shows and everyone who sneeked around makes me feel like I've physically run the marathon myself. Which is why I can now give you my extremely subjective fashion weeks round-up…
1. Arm parties… They're really pretty, but honestly, if I see one more over-decorated wrist I'll succumb to above mentioned exhaustion, fall over and refuse to wake up until next spring. But what could be the new fetishistic bodypart? The back? Like!, and perfect for summer.
2. Baseball caps are THE THING – on and off the runway.
3. My new favourite pin-up girl for masculinity wear… Gaia Repossi – who, although she's a jewellery designer, thinks that 'it's also beautiful to wear no jewellery at all.'*
4. Next year's summer skirts will be long in the back and short at the front and trousers will come two-toned.
5. There's a new arm shape in town (reminds me of the early 90s).
6. No need to work on your six-pack anymore… we've got peplum.
8. I'm so going to work on my colour combination skills! Plus, yellow is still going strong.
9. For me Giovanna Battaglia is still the chicest woman around.
C'est ca from me. If you followed the fashionable weeks... did anything stand out for you in New York, London, Milan and Paris?
*Quote from an interview she gave for The Gentlewoman.
All pictures in collage taken from style.com and Tommy Ton's The Streets Are Talking.
bloglovin • google friend connect • twitter