21.11.11

Beauty | Sweat It, Baby

Psynopsis Zaggora Hot Pants Ash Boots Warehouse Skirt Sequined Topshop Trousers
Being in the firm grips of my inner autumn sloth I virtually jumped at the offer to try out the miracle hotpants which promise to help you lose weight and cellulite by just wearing them 30 minutes a day. YES! Send them over, prontissimo, please!!

Day 1: The magical item arrives, looking like a wetsuit - making me wonder if I could make my own Lisa Marie Fernandez bikini from it. There's also a folder full with happy women who've lost loads of weight. The folder* looks good in the bathroom between the creams, I find. (*unopened).
Psynopsis Zaggora Hot Pants Folders

Day 2: Full of anticipation I put them on for the 15-minutes-jumping-around-in-ashtanga-yoga-style morning routine. Can't feel anything, but when I take them off – yesss, slightly sweaty. Success.

Day 3: Forget to wear them.

Day 4: Wear them for playing tennis (feeling extremely silly, even with shorts on top). After 1 hour: 'Okay, I might have lost, but just check out how HOT my thighs are!' Hubs: 'So what, you'll just overheat, and sweating in one body area doesn't mean you'll actually lose weight there.'
Psynopsis Zaggora Hot Pants

Day 5: Desperate email to the Zaggora people; they email back: No worries… 'Studies have revealed that for every gram sweat you produce you also burn 0.5 calorie as your heart works harder to circulate blood around the body.' Mmmh.

Day 6 ff: Back to usual laziness. Wondering if the pants could be used as fashion item. If I turn them inside out I could try to create a fitness-fetish look…

Resumée: Yeap, le 'otpants make you sweat – the more you move the better (duh). Lazy slugs can sign up for my bikini diy class…

hotpants: c/o zaggora, skirt: warehouse, boots: ash, t-shirt: h&m, tights: falke, sequin trousers worn as shrug: topshop

bloglovingoogle friend connecttwitter

30 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

Well, it's hard to sweat off fat that doesn't exist, Sabine! I'll say it once and I'll say it forever- I'd kill for your body!

ps... I definitely think the inside out look is good on you.

Vix said...

I agree with Branflake, as if you need such things!
I'm digging the inside out look peeking under your skirt. x

Kazuko said...

hahaha, this post made me really laugh out loud. i agree with my fellow commentators - there's nothing to sweat off (and the sweat pants don't even sit tight on your thighs), but anyway - i know where you're coming from, and it's always good to keep on working on your body and health. love the pants as an accessory - they look fab with the dress, that glitter jacket and your boots!

Noelle Chantal said...

You have gorgoeus model like body and I don't think you'll be needing that, hehe! Love the outfit and the last photo is just so beautiful :)

Sleekit said...

Genius! I love your little story of the short too

Sleekit x

sacramento said...

You have no fat to burn, but do they work???
I love the yellow under your skirt.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mat said...

well this was pretty funny, even if it was a review. the jury is still out on this one

INTRO TO MY LIFE said...

i also agree with Branflake, your body is amazing

Silver Strands said...

Really??? They wanted someone with a perfect body already to try these out??? Send them my way and I"ll tell you if the fat leaves :) You look great Sabine - and it's a good review. Happy Thanksgiving week :)

Lexie said...

love them turned inside out! though that is not their purpose... think that maybe the best use for them!

Harriet said...

Curious... I somehow imagine the yoga and the tennis are doing more work than the pants though!

I do actually quite like them in the last shot though - definitely stylish at least!

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Hilarious! What a product name, considering they look better hidden underneath the skirt and in reverse, as you've styled it (love your look!!).

It is an interesting product though. Ballet dancers often wear ripstop nylon bloomers or pants over dance wear to sweat things out. I even have a full jumper (overalls, not sweater) I use in the winter which collects several gallons of sweat after class! Hmm, you've reminded me to use them again, particularly after I just posted how I would be happily plump this fall being lazy, simply looking at autumn foliage all day. xxx

Kat said...

Haha, great review- anything that means I have to work out less hard is a winner with me!

x

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I think we're all in agreement that there's nothing to sweat off! I however, would be more than happy to try them out :)

xoxo

Kavery said...

They look fab as a fashion item. Don't blame the hot pants- you have no excess fat to loose anyway!!

Tanvi said...

I'd have agree with everyone!!! Though it's a hot color :)

Audrey Allure said...

Those are so cute -- loving it under the skirt, brings a great pop of color!

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

You're amazing. x hivenn p.s enter my $200 shopbop giveaway?

drollgirl said...

LOL! as if you needed to lose any weight! the weight loss/fat loss/cellulite loss gimmicks are all around. it is neverending! kind of like my interest in food! lol

WeShop said...

You don't need these! And I love that you forgot about them on day 3! xx
We Shop Therefore We Are

Fashion Tales.... said...

I love it peeking under the skirt! Clever inside out! I love that photo!

A Certain Vintage said...

I guess this idea makes some sort of sense, and now I really want them. I second everyone else that has said you don't need them though. Anything that would help tone my thighs would be a massive help..quirky post :)

xox

Pratishtha Durga said...

Am compelled to agree with the dancing branflake. Sabine, what cellulite? You look fabulous, have an amazing body, and if you have cellulite, you have done a great job of hiding it so far. The post did make me laugh, alright.

I hope your mom is better. It's really difficult watching a loved one fall sick.

ediot said...

it's quite a strange item. i don't have faith in things like that. but i love how you did think of wearing them in that outfit. it actually looks nice!
hope you're having a sweet week darling sabine.
x

rebecca said...

aha, miracle products simply don't exist! Nice try at turning them into a fashion statement ;)
http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

polka dot said...

Hilarious! So according to that theory, the more you sweat, the harder your heart works.. you lose weight? So, someone who's, let's just use an example, claustrophobic and they're trapped in an elevator, having a panic attack.. perhaps even a heart attack. But the good news is, the might lose weight!

Gotta love it. But I do love your photography, especially that last shot with them reversed to the yellow. It's so atmospheric.

Fashionistable said...

You are so funny. I have to say they look wonderful inside out as a flash of yellow. You are very resourceful. Xxxx

Cindy Whitehead said...

OMG I am laughing so hard right now. Loved it!

Jessi Haish said...

awesome outfit!

Stephon said...

Thid yellow on black remin me a song !!! lolol I like it tough !!!