15.1.12

People | The World of Anndra Neen

Psynopsis Anndra Neen Jewellery at The Dorchester
Psynopsis Annette and Phoebe Neen of Anndra Neen


Psynopsis Anndra Neen at The Dorchester


Psynopsis Annette and Phoebe Neen of Anndra Neen
Psynopsis Anndra Neen Silver Clutch
Psynopsis Anndra Neen at The Dorchester Drinks Table
Inviting me to a jewellery show is a bit like asking a cat to review a vegetarian restaurant – I'm utterly naïve when it comes to metal adornment, just about managing to wear the same old pair of earrings every other day. But meeting Annette and Phoebe Stephens of Anndra Neen – the Mexican/American-sisters-coming-from-a-long-line-of-artists-sculptors-and-jewellery designers and the winners of the Dorchester Collection Fashion Prize 2011 – was quite the eye-opening experience. I mean, just look at the beautiful choker Annette is wearing (yeah, yeah who doesn't own a metal collar by now? Me, but that's because, as said, I'm lame)... There just is something about Anndra Neen's creations (they do bags, too - in metal)... They're THERE. They're beautiful and strong. (I'm really trying hard here to get around the dreaded term 'statement pieces').




Psynopsis Anndra Neen Bracelets
And I did fall a little bit in love with the Stephens sisters. Actually I totally fell in love with them. They are so enthusiastic about their work and so easy to talk to. With that amount of energy and creativity I can't see any limits to what these two could do… and limpy me might finally have discovered the magic of metal.


Big Thanks to Peretti Communications for inviting me to the private viewing.

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrtwitter

15 comments:

sacramento said...

These, more than jewellery are true pieces of art.
magnificent photos Sabine.
How do you get that pail effect on the nº5th from the top???
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SabinePsynopsis said...

Thank you, Sacramento. They effect is down to playing around with Offset and Luminosity. xo

PinkBow said...

What a stunning event & stunning photos Sabine, I would have loved to attend this

the nyanzi report said...

the first eighteen words are so funny...ha!

Dancing Branflake said...

Suweet! That you got invited to a jewelry show and even more awesome that they are super nice. Doesn't that just make the fashion world so much more fun? I think so. I love their pieces. Very Brit and very cool.

Maddy said...

Actually, I think you're perfectly qualified! You have an exquisite eye for beauty in general, even if you don't wear a lot of jewelry :)

Tanvi said...

You are so funny! :P They did have a good collection.

♡ from © tanvii.com

realelinkling said...

L O V E

Adele said...

fantastic images sabine as always!x

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Wow Sabine these photos are incredible! Seriously took my breath away. Besides that, the jewelry is gorgeous. I'd be a kid in a candy store for sure! :) xoxo

Harriet said...

Wow, what an amazing collection. In a world with a *lot* of jewellery designers it takes quite something to stand out, but they definitely have it! I think it would definitely suit your style too Sabine!

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I can see you wearing all these fabulous metals with panache. They are spell-binding, as are the sisters (I think I read about them on someone else's blog too). I love how your photos seem like I am viewing through a misted veil! xxx

Kavery said...

Major envy from my side. Their jewellery would be heirlooms to be handed down for generations.

drollgirl said...

i am new to this name/brand, and i am loving it. i want it ALL. for reals.

Fashionistable said...

They look wonderful in their gold and lace. Beautiful too. Xxxx