12.2.12

Style | NY Fashion Week - Cheese Cracker #1

Since times immemorial my sister and I discussed the new fashion trends like 2 pros (which in her case lead to writing books about the influence of clothes on political movements, and in my case… well, not so much). In the ye ol' times we debated the coming trends tea-drunkenly over Vogue magazines; these days we'll just watch everything (6 months earlier) via life-stream or on style.com. So to keep the tradition alive I've done exactly that – and the first thing I noticed was: A plethora of trouser shapes. Wide, slim, ankle-hugging, floor-sweeping, hip-hangers, le jogging, culottes, waist-cinchers… you name it. The slightly higher waisted, pleated ones do look ever so elegant (not on me though, they'd make me look like a swamped dwarf) and the plaid overall might finally give me a chance with Sheldon Cooper (move over Amy Farrah Fowler!) – but my absolute favourite ensemble is the Helmut Lang suit (yeap, once a 90s girl always a 90s girl). And the slouchy red velvets could be a winner too, no?

P.S. As not too many of you were in dire need of a new memory stick (albeit an ice-cream one) I rolled the dice to find the winner which landed on #3: Dancing Branflakes. Congratulations, Tiffany! Non-calorific sweetness will be yours! ♥ ♥ ♥

source of all photos: style.com

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrtwitter

7 comments:

Kavery said...

Yes Helmut Lang's looks are so striking and clean

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I second the motion on Helmut Lang (and the '90s girl comment, I still hark back to those same clean cuts when I think of "looking sharp"!)

Love how you got your photo in motion on your previous post, as if you were traveling by port key. (In fact, did you teleport to NYC?)

Fashionistable said...

I third the Helmut Lang motion. The nicest cut of all. Loving the use of colour too. Xxxx

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

It's unanimous about Helmut Lang! So incredible as always.

And congrats, Tiffany! Lucky girl you :) xoxo

Maddy said...

Helmut Lang is a one on faves from picks. I'm also digging the Chadwick Bell suit :)

Fashion, Art and other fancies said...

Helmut Lang indeed. So clean and sharp.

Fashion Tales.... said...

Helmut Lang good choice. Red velvet? Yes, absolutely a winner. Though, the Tess Giberson ensemble is gorgeous as well!