1.2.12

Style | Sorority Slut, and Beyond

Psynopsis Whooga Ugg Boots
My original idea was to use these Uggs from Whooga for my next styling shoot with Harriet, but since the article 'Scale of Whoredom'* I feel I can't do this without seriously tainting her reputation… So I'll just come out myself: My name is Sabine and I wear Uggs. Have been wearing them for years... Actually, I live in them! Not in public (only once... or twice) and never beyond 'Sorority Slut' (honestly, you've got to read this thing, it is not funny*). Until now I kept it all hush-hush, but I'm starting to think that such a constantly maligned (but never defeated) item surely must have some rebel potential (beyond the I-charge-per-hour)?! Wrong? Quite tempted to go straight to 'nuclear meltdown' now.

*The article has been taken down, but you can still read it here.

uggs: c/o whooga, leggings: cos, sweater: topshop, peplum underneath: diy

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrtwitter

11 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

Umm.... I used to wear Uggs all the time to rehearsal. And for dinner after rehearsal. And for the grocery store trip after dinner...

So you see the horrible cause and effect?

At least you live in England where the coldness warrants such clothing.

SabinePsynopsis said...

Exactly! That's my excuse - the eternal cold.

Miki's scrapbook said...

Hahaha! The article is making me smile big time :p. I've always thought Uggs were very unaesthetic and didn't understand why they got so popular. I mean, they look super warm and comfy, but so are my sleepers, haha.

You look cute in them, though.

Hope you're having a great week! ;) And I don't think I've said it before, so Happy 2012, too! ;D

Miki.

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Haha that artical is hysterical! I have never owned a pair. Never even tried a pair on actually. Kinda went against the grain there. Although I was very tempted to last year when I had to spend many a day and night in frigid Minnesota for work.

And honestly I don't think they're ugly. Maybe they've grown on me over the years but now I think they're kinda cute and comfy looking. And they look great on you :) xoxo

Sherin said...

UGGs definitely look really comfortable. I have no idea how I'll style mine when I come, but I'm so excited.

Vix said...

That article is hilarious! I'm not a fan but I must admit you look rather lovely in yours with the soft, muted layers. x

Maddy said...

Hahaha!! I'm a UGG lover too - loud and proud ;o)

Tanvi said...

I haven't yet worn them!!! You make everything look good though! :P

♡ from © tanvii.com

Duck said...

If you wear them at home, sure... If you wear them in public, *cries*

Marika said...

amazing style!!!love your pics!!!amazing!!
visit my blog on http://limtdedition.blogspot.com/
xoxo Marika

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I never got past that beautiful sweater, so who cares if there are Uggs down below? ;-) Anyway, you manage to up-chic everything. xxx