16.3.12

Life | Pastel Metal Head

Psynopsis Rag & Bone Shirt Vintage Knit Sweater

Psynopsis Saatchi Gallery London Jeppe Hein Mirror Selfportrait

Psynopsis Saatchi Gallery London Isa Genzken Doll
'Naah, I don't think there's much alcohol in these cocktails… They taste great though!' That was me drinking myself through tequila-strawberry-chocolate, rum-aloe vera-peppermint and gin-green tea-pistacchio mixtures – totally enjoying them*, in fact totally enjoying the whole Häagen Dazs 'MintLeaves&Choc' event at the Rebel Dining Society. I mean how could you not be fascinated by edible floating bubbles, self-made ice-cream lollies and vapourising chocolate-mint infusions in a setting that would have made Roald Dahl proud?

Strangely the next day I felt a strong calling for muted colour schemes, sun glasses and slow wanderings through quiet! art galleries... The shaky mirror** nearly brought me to the ground, and when I met the tortured doll** I could really sympathise.

But please don't give up on me - as soon as the eyes can focus again I'll share some of the icecream magic… ♥ ♥ ♥
Psynopsis Rag & Bone Shirt Lambertson Truex Bag Zara Pumps Vintage Sweater + Trousers

*I fear since I stopped drinking alcohol at home I've developed a rather naïve attitude towards 'the daily poison'.
** Doll by Isa Genzken and mirror by Jeppe Hein - both shown at 'Gesamtkunstwerk': New Art from Germany at the Saatchi Gallery in Chelsea, London.

sunglasses: armani, shirt: rag & bone, trousers: marc aurel/ vintage, wool sweater: 2nd hand, shoes: zara, bag: lambertson truex

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

17 comments:

Harriet said...

Aww, I was so sad I had to miss this and never got to meet you! Love the photos - and those cocktails sound delicious!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Ooh those concoctions sound heavenly!!! And these photos are divine! Sounds like a fabulous time :)

Tanvi said...

Looks like you had fun. Love the last shot :)

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Tanvi said...

Looks like you had fun. Love the last shot :)

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Hope Adela Pasztor said...

Cute topknot! =)

http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

Kazuko said...

you made me laugh out loud - but i believe you had a great time. i, these days, can get a hangover after a glass of baileys. sad but true.

missing art, museums and galleries now. reminds me: i should plan my next germany trip around art exhibitions that i wanna see!

cute outfit, cute topknot, lovely leo ballerinas!

Mat said...

they sound like bonkers combinations, always up for trying stuff though. dolls give me the creeps so i will look away now

SabinePsynopsis said...

Me too! Dolls and clowns... they freak me out.

Vix said...

You look so cheeky in that bottom photo! No drinking in the house? That's admirable, Sabine.
That cherub is very scary! x

WeShop said...

Beautiful images and beautiful outfit Sabine. PS Non-alcoholic cocktails can be surprisingly real and make you feel a little merry! xx

MyStyle said...

Hi my dear-gorgeous pictures, you are really looking lovely in pastels here, love those trousers! Great to hear from you, hope you're keeping well and that you enjoy the rest of your weekend too xx

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos - and sun is shinning! - perfect timing for our new designer kaftan range - www.bluemojito.co.uk - have a look and let us know what you thinkx

Clara Turbay said...

Refreshing ideas i find here.

Angeles Almuna said...

Fabulous outfit...fabulous you!
Kisses

www.angelesalmuna.com

drollgirl said...

you are living my kind of life! and you are looking better than i would!! lol. you look fab in the pastels!

Cindy Whitehead said...

Ha! I say that all the time. If it doesn't taste "bad" I think it has no alcohol in it! Wrong! Loving these cool shots of you.

xs said...

your muted look is totally chic. i love how it was inspired in a Häagen Dazs haze.