10.4.12

London | Randall & Aubin

Psynopsis Randall & Aubin London

Psynopsis Randall & Aubin London
A Belvedere Bloody Mary Brunch is normally not on top of my to-do list, as alcohol before 11am is one of my stricter no-nos, but as Randall & Aubin is THE 'oyster and champagne bar in the heart of Soho' I really wanted to check it out. So I nibbled on my hamburger and fries while observing that no one else seemed handicapped by self-regulatory, fun-inhibiting restrictions, as the vodka was flowing in rivers and people were truly happy. Lovely Kate and I discussed the hardcore social life of bloggers and shared Australian memories, and we both agreed that even in a non-drunken state Randall & Aubin has a good vibe – kind of Parisian bistro meets New York gastropub. Definitely worth a visit for oysters, hamburgers and/or drinks.

So do tell me, cocktail brunches... yay or nay? ♥ ♥ ♥
Psynopsis Kate McAuley Randall & Aubin London

Randall & Aubin, 16 Brewer Street, W1F 0SQ, London.
Big Thanks to ThisIsMission for the invitation.

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

16 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

I don't drink alcohol but I do like the vibe here. Very fun and exciting. And that first photo? Stunning!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Oh I must admit that I'm a big YAY to brunch cocktails. But I have taken in many a brunch without them and they make me quite happy as well. :)

This place looks like a place I could happily pass a few hours in. xoxo

Harriet said...

When it comes to daytime drinking I always say I won't... and then I do! Many points to you for not giving in to temptation! It looks amazing there!

Tanvi said...

Always YAY! ;)

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

E said...

Whoa, this sounds like my dream place. Oysters and champagne are a magical combination :-)

Kazuko said...

cocktail brunches are not for me, as i can't eat so much for br/l-unch and the cheap wines they usually serve give me a headache, BUT: i do love a glass of champagne for breakfast - in addition to a cup of tea, muesli, toast... aaaaah, so good. how much i miss those kinda places (we can only go to hotels for brunch, oh and the hotels are full of british expats on friday brunches!) - your pics look awesome!

SACRAMENTO said...

There is so much art and soul in all your photos Sabine.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Mat said...

not for me, i'd feel weird drinking anything like that before say 1. but if it's a small thing in this setting them i can see why you went for it. looks nice. yeah brighton was good, the weather ruined it though

kirafashion said...

what a great place!

drollgirl said...

i am not a huge drinker, but if you put a mimosa in front of me in the morning of a special (or semi-special, or maybe even not-so-special) occasion, and i'll enjoy it like nobody's business! :)

The Foolish Aesthete said...

All I can say is that I was sloshing a mimosa at 11:30 am on Monday. At least I wasn't drinking alone! I guess that can be the excuse -- social drinking over brunch? I hope you and your friend enjoyed the vodka and oysters. Your photos looked great and not alcohol-impaired at all. xxx

Pratishtha Durga said...

Personally, cocktail brunches are not really my thing. But this event sounds like an exception might be made. I even know a couple of pals, who'd not say no to alcohol for breakfast, but fortunately, I don't do many breakfasts with them.

Been away a while, and in fact, i think this is the first post of your I have commented on this year! It's April already?!

Fashion art and other fancies said...

Less keen on cocktail brunches but I adore champagne brunches.
On alcohol: I either drink champagne or apple-juice mixed with sparkling water. Mixed drinks/cocktails are way too strong for my delicate palette.
Randall and Aubin sounds fun. Must note down their details for next London trip. xoxo

Maddy said...

Sounds like my kind of place. Drunk brunch...count me in ;o)

Fashionistable said...

I love that 1st image. Beautifully observed and caught. Xxxx

Cindy Whitehead said...

well for me its a nay as I'd fall asleep right after (-: See how lame I really am?