27.4.12

People | Top Hat

Psynopsis Stephen Jones Tea at the Dorchester Hotel London

Psynopsis Stephen Jones at the Dorchester Hotel London
One of the better moments this week was having tea with Stephen Jones, tasting his cake creations for the Coworth Park Ascot Afternoon Tea*. All cakes came – naturally! – in hat shapes à la 'Jockey's Cap', 'Ladies Floral Hat', 'Top Hat' and 'The Queen's Crown' (blackcurrent mousse, praline crunch cushion, marshmallow... my favourite!), and all were pure deliciousness. I must have asked for 10 refills of the lavender infused Assam tea, and when I finally got my camera out, oops, all cakes but one (the polite leftover no one dares to eat - which meant I had to first photograph and then rescue it from a terrible end in the kitchen bin) were gone.

How was it meeting Stephen Jones? Lovely! He was the perfect charming host, full of entertaining stories, and when he left me with the words 'It was wonderful meeting you, love'** I had to restrain myself from giving him a big happy, thankful hug.

♥ ♥ ♥

*Coworth Park Hotel is the luxury country hotel of the Dorchester Collection offering nice treats like a helicopter shuttle service - topped with 'hair and nails' treatment, Stephen Jones hat loan and champagne - to Royal Ascot… now, how cool is that?!

**Although by now I have learned that the word 'Love' is a fixture in the Northern vocabulary it always reduces my heart to a wobbly mass.


bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

12 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

What a fabulous meeting! And I agree- when my British friends call me 'love' I take it personally. You have a gift with people, Sabine!

drollgirl said...

SCREAM!!! so cute!!!!!

and i think i want your life! you are forever doing and seeing the most interesting things and meeting the most interesting people!!!

Sherin said...

I love Afternoon Tea's: They're the best. This one looks great!

Kazuko said...

absolutely fabulous! so, you live in the countryside with sheep and all those 'creatures great and small' and then you're having tea with stephen jones... argh, beam me up from this place were people believe that a starbucks carrot cake is one of the best things on earth. i want 'the queen's crown' right now!

thanks for sharing!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

How fabulous!!! It almost seems a shame to eat those gorgeous little creations. But I think I'd get over that really quickly and pop a few right in my mouth :)

Happy weekend, love ;) xoxo

Olivia Isabelle said...

oh my God! it is too cute to be eaten!

SACRAMENTO said...

What a place to have tea and cakes with wonderful people, ahhhhhhhhhhhh, colour me jealous...
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Harriet said...

This looks amazing - almost too good to eat!

Rosalind said...

Oh how I adore Stephen Jones' hats: such flights of fantasy, humour and head-perching perfection. As for edible hat cakes - pure genius. I'm envious!

Mat said...

yeah you don't get much love these days up here, think it's more of a yorkshire thing more so. or maybe i'm totally wrong

Fashionistable said...

What a fabulous invite. Wonderful company you are keeping and places you are visiting. Xxxx

Sarah Summerton said...

This looks fabulous. A perfect place for afternoon tea.
www.littleblackdress.co.uk