11.5.12

London | MyFavouritePlace | Fiona | Brick Lane

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Brick Lane London Fiona
I actually had to to a little race for this interview because when I asked Fiona if she wanted to take part in the MFP series she was just packing her things to move to Copenhagen. ("Wohaa, that's so sudden – and WHY Copenhagen??" - "I know, I visited a friend there and thought it's a great city, so I decided to move there." Dang, I just love people who live their life on a whim…)

But as Fi knew exactly what her favourite London place (or rather area) is we met up (in Rough Trade where you cannot only get good music but also great coffee), and then we went on a stroll and she showed me some of her favourite street art…
Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Brick Lane Streetart

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Brick Lane Streetart

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Brick Lane Streetart

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Brick Lane London Fiona Streetart

My favourite place is… Brick Lane
It’s special because… Brick Lane is where my London adventure started and current adventure will end. If you avoid it during busy periods, you can spot amazing street art, meet great locals and hipsters and end your evening on a good pint. It is one of the few places free from massive chains and full of independent stores.
The best time to come is… When the sun is out, early afternoon, midweek. Grab a friend and a coffee. Or late afternoon on a Sunday to catch the end of day deals from the Sunday Up-Market.
Don't miss to…
… do take photo booth photos in Rough Trade East.
… walk the length of Brick Lane and see the difference from being a curry touting business to the home of some of the best vintage right up to the top where you find all the drunk hipsters eating late night beigels.
… see the Malarky street art and Whitechapel Art Gallery.
… order Swedish tea and kladkakka cake from Fika.
… drink in Mason & Taylor and sample all their beers and cause trouble. Buy from Tatty Devine, Rokit, Rough Trade, Blitz Vintage, The Lazy Ones and Lik+Neon.

I couldn't part with… Friends, my family and photographs of both.
My favourite smell is… Fresh mint in a cocktail or when it rains in a hot country.
I love to travel to… Places where I can find hipsters and be their friend.
My favourite city is… Every city is my favourite. Hopefully Copenhagen.
The best thing I bought lately was… A hoola hoop and a Mark Pawson x Tatty Devine Fluorescent Pink Snot necklace (both are great conversation starters).
Cat or Dog?… Cat, I will miss the cat Jandl who lives with me a lot when I move.

Big Thanks to Fi for taking part (can-not wait to interview her on her favourite places in Copenhagen).

places & websites:
Save Our Shoes (Fi's blog) • Brick Lane LondonMalarky Street ArtWhitechapel GalleryFika Café LondonMason & TaylorTatty DevineRokitRough TradeBlitz VintageThe Lazy OnesLik & Neon

trench coat: vintage, t-shirt: 'where the wild things are', gift from a friend, shorts: 2nd hand, lurex tights: urban outfitters, shoes: office

More Favourite Places:
Daniela | The Albion | London
Sherin | Alexandra Palace | London

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

9 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

She seems like too much fun! A hoola hoop? And I love how she just decided to move to Copenhagen on a whim! Love people like that too. :)

Have a great weekend, Sabine! xoxo

Harriet said...

Aww Fiona is awesome! Love Brick lane too though I do not explore there enough!

Sherin said...

I love Fiona. I'm due a catch up with her. And yay for Brick Lane. It's an amazing place.

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I have never been to Brick Lane but seen it on blogs. And when I see these amazing shots of street art, I realize your friend is right about this being a favorite place! I love how she lives her life "on a whim"! -- J xx

Mat said...

i don't think i've been to london and not visited the area, every time i leave i want to go back. i've only really touch the surface too. great post, nice to get others involved too

janettaylor said...

So fun!

Vix said...

What a lovely girl, so colourful, stylish and fun. You've captured her spirit beautifully, Sabine!
I'd love to go to Brick Lane, I've heard so many great things about it. xxx

the nyanzi report said...

I've had the pleasure of being in Fiona's comapny a couple of times through a mutual friend and she's such a bubbly person.

Fashionistable said...

Another wonderful interview Sabine. I am really loving the people you are bringing us. I do like Brick Lane too. Xxxx