30.5.12

London | MyFavouritePlace | Jazmine | V&A Museum

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Jazmine Jazzabelle's Diary V&A
If I said Jazmine is one of the most popular English bloggers and a London 'It Girl'*, regularly being featured on asos.com and in all kind of other magazines and catalogues I guess I would be totally right, and I know she would totally hit me because that's really not the point for her. Yeap, she's a super gifted stylist (having done an amazing job styling all shoots in the soon-to-be-released Anna Wilkinson knit book and getting to the semi-finals of the Asos future stylist competiton) – but the thing about Jazmine is that she's incredibly down-to-earth, unpretentious and lovable. She also is a great advocate for 2nd hand shopping and loves the V&A Museum, especially everything of and around William Morris and the Arts and Crafts movement – and I'm so happy she took the time to show me some of her favourite spots in the museum…
Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Jazmine V&A London

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Jazmine V&A William Morris Carpet

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Jazmine V&A Mirror Chandelier

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Jazmine Jazzabelle's Diary Topshop Dress

Psynopsis MyFavouritePlace Jazmine V&A London

My favourite place is... the Victoria and Albert Museum in South Kensington.
It's special because... it's like a second home to me. It's just such a lovely place to visit, I pop by as often as I can. It's full of so many beautiful pieces and every time I wander around the museum I discover something new and exciting.
The best time to come is... on a weekday afternoon, when it's a little more quiet and peaceful. Plus visiting on a rainy day just adds to the beautifully gloomy atmosphere of the museum.
Don't miss... The current Ballgowns exhibition in the newly renovated Fashion Galleries, the British Galleries (featuring some of my favourite William Morris pieces!) and of course the wonderful gift shop!

My favourite smell is… my vanilla body mist from The Body Shop. I wear it every day and it really compliments my current perfume, Dior Hypnotic Poison.
I love to shop at… Battersea car boot sale on Sundays. I've picked up such amazing bargains from there over the years!
I love to drink/eat at… Il Molino, my local cafe on Battersea Park Road, where I often pop by for a cappuccino and a slice of cake. The decor is so pretty and conveniently it's directly opposite my favourite charity shops!

bag: free from battersea car boot sale, dress: topshop, shoes: £3 charity shop

websites & places:
Jazzabelle’s DiaryVictoria & Albert MuseumBattersea Boot SaleIl Molino (Jaz' lovely post about her favourite café) •

*'It Girl'?!? I know. So bad. Total no-no word... I won't do it again. Ever.

more favourite places:
Kate | Southbank | London
Isa | 'The Junk Shop' | London
Fiona | Brick Lane | London
Daniela | The Albion | London
Sherin | Alexandra Palace | London

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

13 comments:

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I mean can she be any more gorgeous? Gorgeous and talented. What a mixture! :) xoxo

Dancing Branflake said...

If It Girl she is, then It Girl we must call her. I love love love that she's so fashionable with being too trendy. And I love that she wear Bath and Body Works over Dior. Fabulous!

Harriet said...

your photos of Jazmine are lovely - and your words decribe her so perfectly!

Kate said...

This is such a brilliant post idea! She is beautiful, and I can't believe the bag was free! I love the V&A, London really does have the best art galleries!

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I love these shots you took! And, I can totally believe what an "It Girl" she is. -- J xxx

Fashionistable said...

I havent been to the V&A for a long time. This is prompting me to go again. Thank you for a wonderful interview and pic's. Xxxx

Emma said...

Aw, got to love Jazzabelle :) This was a lovely little thing to read xxx

Vix said...

Jazz is a truly lovely girl and you've done her a credit with your gorgeous pictures and great questions. x

drollgirl said...

well i like her already! anyone that loves museums is someone i can get into! and it helps that she is down-to-earth and looks great too! :)

Sherin said...

Jazmine is the sweetest. I'm so glad you featured her.
I've only been to the V&A once before. I really need to go again.

Mat said...

she's a right gem

xs said...

she has great style and her down to earth nature definitely come through in her posts. thanks for sharing!

Barri-Jayne said...

Gorgeous photography and beautiful post!

Barrina x