28.5.12

MyFavouriteThings | Floral

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Pink Flowers
The sun's out and there are flowers in abundance… cute blossoming jumpsuits, happy springtime dresses, blooming trousers… But it took hours to find something flowery in my wardrobe… Ah look, there's the crumpled self-made jumpsuity thing!
Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Pink Flowers

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Vintage Floral Scarf

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Byredo Rose Noir Perfume

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Floral Vintage Teapot MR 1939

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Floral Earrings

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Floral Armani Fabric DIY Jumpsuit

1+2) Only after a few years did I realise that these pretty flowers are mean weeds and impossible to keep in check – now I rip them out by the dozens and put them in vases.
3) Old, old scarf bought long ago at KaDeWe Berlin. Works well as a belt, too.
4) Byredo’s black rose… Still addicted.
5) I'd love to know more about this teapot which has been with us for ages. At the bottom it says 'MR 1939'. It's very frail and I think it's very beautiful.
6) Sometimes all you want is a pair of cheap and happy earrings.
7) The self-made jumpsuity thing, aka a rarely worn DIY project made from an Armani fabric. It's not that bad actually - the silk is very light, very see-through and makes me feel SO summery…

What do you think? Floral - yay or nay? ♥ ♥ ♥

More Favourite Things:
White | Orange | Black | Grey | Green

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

19 comments:

Harriet said...

Definitely floral yay! I don't wear a lot of floral, but I love having flowers and flower covered things around me!

A Certain Vintage said...

wow that first photograph in particular is so beautiful and full of light, i adore your photography. I really like your jumpsuit too!
xox

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Beautiful on you! I love flowers in the garden, inside the house, but not particularly on my clothes. I do it ocasionally in strong colors, like your wonderful jumpsuit, but pastels don't work on me. Cheering for your "cheap, happy earrings" since I live in the cheap baubles daily! -- J xx

Tanvi said...

I wasn't a big floral person before but blogging has changed that now. Love your ump suit thingy :)

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Kazuko said...

beautiful images - all!

janettaylor said...

YAY! Totally!

i am not a celebrity said...

Beautiful. x

Sherin said...

I love seeing florals, especially over the summer.
And that floral jumpsuit looks so great.

Vix said...

Bold florals, yes! Ditsy, feeble girly ones...no! Your jumpsuit is just fantastic, what a wonderful creation! x

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Wow Sabine I am speechless!!! This is such a gorgeous post. It's overflowing with gorgeousness. A big yay to florals! :) xoxo

Maddy said...

Great idea! I think I may want to enjoy some of my weeds too. It's a shame to toss them out, might as well enjoy them for a little while/. And I'm loving your jum-suit thingy ;o) How cool that you can make your own clothes! That's a talent I wish I possesed.

Dancing Branflake said...

As much as Floral does not fit into my life at all, I adore it. I'm instantly drawn to it. It makes me feel beautiful

Fashion Tales.... said...

I've always been a fan of florals, mostly in smaller scale, but love them so much! The printed jumpsuit silhouette has gorgeous colours. Beautiful images as always! :)

cindy whitehead said...

Love every picture here! Tried to leave a comment on the post above this but could not find the "comment" area - Could be me and my eye sight though! LOL

SabinePsynopsis said...

Aah, that's my fault, Cindy. I had this idea of 'proper' posts with comments, and little 'notes' - inspirations, short infos - without comment function. Confusing? Yeah... maybe I'll change it again.

Fashionistable said...

Floral yay from me. The flowers are weeds!!!! I would love these weeds in my garden. You should see the ones I have to contend with - do you know what they are called?

drollgirl said...

what a gorgeous spring-y post! such beautiful pictures! i like the floral thing kind of -- real flowers are amazing. i am not so crazy about wearing floral prints -- eek. i was in a wedding once and had to wear a hideous floral bridesmaid's dress, so maybe it scarred me for life. lol.

Shubhi said...

That is such a beautiful post!

I'm in love:)

Love the DIY jumpsuit, the teapot, the cheap-and-happy earrings(so true:)

Take a peek at my blog!

Shubhi's Revels!

Anonymous said...

Good morning. The content is very Good