7.5.12

Love | White

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings White Orchid

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings White Bowl by Mechtild Menzel

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings White Donna by Zimmerli Vest

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings White Shells

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings Monica Vinader Moonstone Earrings

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings White Beauty Products

Psynopsis MyFavouriteThings White Moschino Cheap and Chic Blazer Vintage Katherine Hamnett Shorts
It's true, we're still waiting for it here in the UK, but when the sun finally does come out (and it will, one day…) I want everything to be clean, simple and sun-reflecting, i.e. preferably white…

1) … which makes white orchids the perfect indoor flowers (plus, they're the only plants that survive with me, maybe because they can live of damp bathroom air?)
2) I love all my mum's pottery, and this is my favourite salad bowl – so simple and beautiful.
3) Ah oui, le underwear. White cotton… is there anything else, really??
4) Just cannot walk along a beach without picking up shells…
5) … they also make good jewellery holders for pretty moonstone earrings.
6) White cosmetics, they whisper to me: "I'm so pure and clean – and so will you, if you use me." In Germany we grew up with Dr.Hauschka, and most of my friends still swear on it. The Davi face cream is simply one of the most wonderful creams I have ever used…
7) And if we ever get some sun I swear I will wear white trainers, bermudas and a blazer every day!

vest: donna by zimmerli, earrings: gold moonstone by monica vinader , cosmetics (from left to right): dr.hauschka hand cream and neem nail oil, eve lom cleanser, davi grand cru face cream, dr.harris deodorant and lip balm, penhaligon’s soap; trainers: adidas, vest: from italian supermarket, bermudas: katherine hamnett vintage, blazer: moschino cheap & chic, necklace: topshop

More Favourite Things:
MyFavouriteThings | Orange
MyFavouriteThings | Black
MyFavouriteThings | Grey

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

14 comments:

Vix said...

Stunning images, Sabine. That last one of you is just gorgeous.
I used to love it when Living Etc. published a "white edition" once a year, who'd have thought a non-colour could be so stylish? xxx

janettaylor said...

Lovely post, Honey! White orchid is one of my favorite flowers too. :)

Veshoevius said...

I love your white things! That last shot of you makes me think of Tilda Swinton!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Love all of your whites, Sabine! They're so clean and fresh. Those moonstone earrings are just gorgeous and you're right about shells making great jewelry holders. I do the same! :) xoxo

drollgirl said...

so crisp and clean and refreshing! and your photos are to-die-for! pic number one is killing me -- in a good way. :)

p.s. my last name is white, but that does not mean i am crisp, clean OR refreshing. lol

Sherin said...

I need more white clothes in my life! I love your selection. Those earrings are stunning.

Fashionistable said...

I love Orchids and you in white. Xxxx

Dancing Branflake said...

This is a dream post- seriously. I wish I could dream about this. The photos are gorgeous. You have such a talent.

Girl living in Oslo said...

I feel the same way..I love black as well :)

Have a great day

Shaddam IV said...

Hmmm... looks a bit washed out to me. Isn't springtime a time of vibrant colours and jubilation at the arrival of sun and warmth? (Ideally speaking, of course).

Tanvi said...

The photography ... I LOVE IT! I am not biased. I think you are the BEST I know! :) Shhh! Don't tell me photographer friend ;)

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

Old Cow said...

I love white though it is pesky to keep clean. Sometimes I like white with "pretty" blemishes....it must be the rebel in me.

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Gorgeous, images! It's funny too that only orchids have survived my inattention (definitely not a green thumb). They are so delicate to look at, but incredibly hardy. They'd make terrific people. And I just love your mom's pottery! It has an undone, organic flavor to it which I just think is beautiful. -- J xxxx

Fashion art and other fancies said...

White - so virginal and pure. Adore you in white. What pretty flowers too.