22.8.12

Beauty | Essentials di Larniano

Psynopsis Larniano Italy
Proper summer, I just love it. True, we all shuffle into the kitchen in the morning, bleary-eyed, moaning 'It’s too hot to sleep, and the bloody mosquitos...' – but nothing a few hours of siesta dozing can't cure… By now my brain is also sufficiently fried to reevaluate the whole perfect packing thing… Turns out the only clothes I really need are one silk shift dress (wash out in evening, put on in the morning), some vests, a pair of shorts and the bikinis. The heeled sandals I threw into the bag last minute are living a shadowy life in a dark corner of my wardrobe – hot feet and heels just don't make a good combination. Even the silk shirt sounded better than it is… any form of sleeve just feels like sticky madness (still makes for a good wrap skirt though).

Cosmeticwise… The delicious smelling organic shampoo and conditioner I brought along turned out to be absolute useless. But I found haircare 'with liquid keratin' at the local supermarket which works wonders in preventing my hair from becoming one strawlike mess. And finally I understand what the world needs 'face mists' for (which up to now seemed the most useless invention in the cosmetic industry to me)… Still learning here – Do you have any favourite summer cosmetics? ♥ ♥ ♥
Psynopsis Sunrise Tuscany

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

7 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

I do love my face mists in the summer. That and a light perfume that doesn't get too thick in the heat. Love that photo of you. You are the epitome of summer.

drollgirl said...

omg i am DYING at that gorgeous pink picture!!!!

this summer was just super until this wretched heatwave of EPIC heat and humidity started. UGH! my utility bill! lol i think/hope it will cool off soon, but all in all it has been a nice summer. :) sleeves and closed toed shoes and anything that doesn't breathe just don't work in the summer.

i recently bought a RAWTHER expensive shampoo and conditioner, and they smell DIVINE, but they do a crap job. OY! never again. maybe i'll just save them and take a whiff of them from time to time. :)

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Gorgeous photographs. I assume this Paradise is still Italy? I wouldn't ever want to leave! -- J xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Si si si, still Italy. No, I really do not want to leave - ever.

Veshoevius said...

oh so jealous!
I love it when it is hot enough to want a face mist - love the one that French brand Caudalie do.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha! I can tell you don't live in a place where it's hot and humid for 6 months out of the year like in the US...mosquitoes, sticky sweat, ugly clothes and shoes. I just wait for it to end but it always drags on & on....

SabinePsynopsis said...

Mmmh... The Italians manage to make summer look quite chic.