17.8.12

Travel | Oh, Florence

Psynopsis Florence Ponte Vecchio
Psynopsis Florence Love Locks
I love Florence, even though I have no idea how it would be to actually live in a place that is so full of beauty and history that it feels like walking through an open air museum. But visiting is always fun... Ooing and cooing over the Ponte Vecchio love padlocks with all the other tourists... Which btw are not so much adored by the city autorit√† (the padlocks, not the tourists, but who knows). If you're caught fixing your token of eternal love you will suffer (read: you have to pay a fine). Seems no one really cares though. ♥ ♥ ♥
Psynopsis Florence Kids with Love Locks

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

13 comments:

Kazuko said...

florence has been a dream of mine since i've watched 'room with a view' back then. silly. of course i don't expect the real florence to be anyway close to the movie-florence, but still - i'm scared to visit since i might be disappointed. but now i sooo want to go! enjoy!

Vix said...

Those pictures are absolutely magical, Sabine! How wonderful those locks look grouped together like that! x

Tanvi said...

Great shots. Love the one with locks too.

∞ © tanvii.com ∞

The Foolish Aesthete said...

I absolutely love Florence! Only been there once, as a teenager, but I would love to go back. The photo of the children with the padlocks is so interesting. I didn't even know of this padlock tradition. -- J xxx

Dancing Branflake said...

They had a love lock bridge in Napa and I'm so sad we didn't 'lock our love' like everyone else. Would have made for a wonderful memory. Lovely photos!

Clara Turbay said...

oh please the city!

janettaylor said...

Beautiful!

Harriet said...

Oh I love Florence! I've only been there once briefly, but it is such a beautiful city. Your photos capture it so well.

danniekate said...

firenze! your snaps are incredible. i love that no one cares and they just padlock anyway! xx

Sherin said...

I need to go to Florence. It looks so gorgeous. Italy, Germany and Austria are my three priorities to visit ASAP!

Veshoevius said...

breath taking photos - I love Florence. I had no idea about that padlock tradition!

Young at Heart said...

how very beautiful.... I had 2 disaterous holidays in Italy both of which preceeded the end of an affair....!!

Fashionistable said...

Oh, Florence it has been a while since I have been. you make me want to go again. Xxxx