5.9.12

Style | Epipha-Honey

Psynopsis Italy Cynthia Rowley Vintage Dress
This summer I fell in love with colour. All because of a boy… I'm totally, 100% cured from my summer white addiction now. Okay, so it all happened when Sarah and I were hanging around in an Italian supermarket, discussing the best cookie brand, when we spotted him… probably 15, nicely tanned, attractively tossled beach hair, wearing: very old and faded blue canvas sneakers, aged-to-perfection, once turquoise chino shorts, bleached out blueish t-shirt… The colour scheme was just so bang-on, I remember Sarah and I simultanously making strange gaspy sounds, elbowing each other in the side and stepping on the others feet… "Look!!" "Mmm-mhh!"
He totally knew he was gorgeous. I mean, you cannot look so couldn't-care-less, perfectly put together without knowing what you do. (Also, he was French, and the French do not do anything by chance, do they?)… Still, I would have asked him if I could take his picture. If only I had my camera with me. But who expects to see sartorial magic at the supermarket, honestly…
So instead you get a picture of my boring dress (because I love this colour combination, too). ♥ ♥ ♥

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

8 comments:

i am not a celebrity said...

COLOUR LOVE. Welcome to my world. xo

Mlle W said...

A summer boy inspiring you into colour? Truely melancholic fashion...:D

*MlleWanderlust *

Dancing Branflake said...

I love that you find inspiration everywhere. I love that you knew he knew he was awesome. So very French.

Mileide Almeida said...

In summer here I also want to use too many colors!

Harriet said...

That is most definitely not a boring dress at all! Though I admit I am very curious about the boy now! If only you'd had your camera!

Mat said...

french blue then

PinkBow said...

Oh he sounds delightful! I adore the colour blue.

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Your colors here are also bang on. I can only imagine what the gorgeous french-boy looked like. -- J xxx