7.9.12

Style | ShineMe

Psynopsis Ecco Shoes Vintage Lace Dress Angora Sweater Volker Lang Bag
I haven't done a styling challenge for a while, so when I was asked if I was interested in styling a pair of shiny shoes I thought 'Bring it on!'. Shoes are always good and in my mind there's nothing more challenging than patent leather. It's the glossy equivalent of the leopard print – either SO cool – daring, fearless, wow… or SO wrong – tacky, cheap, stuck in the 70s…

So the 'Sculptured 65' shoes arrive and I'm 'Oh dear, what can I do with you?! You are difficult.' Okay, they need a skirt. And lace. And an angora sweater. Shiny, lacy and fluffy… Let's have a texture party. And the whole time while I'm throwing clothes left, right and center cursing that I've packed everything away (because we're moving, remember) I'm wearing them and walking around… and dang, they're comfortable. By now I think I actually like the lustrous shoe. Or have the painless feet befuddled my brain? What do you think? Patent leather shoes – yay or nay? How would you wear the shoes?
Psynopsis Ecco Shoes Vintage Lace Dress Angora Sweater Volker Lang Bag

dress: 2nd hand from sterling gold, berlin; sweater: 2nd hand from local oxfam shop, bag: volker lang, shoes: c/o of ECCO. FYI, this is a sponsored post.

9 comments:

Dancing Branflake said...

I have a pairl of patent leather shiny flats and my husband calls whem 'plastic shoes'. At first I had no idea what he was talking about and thought he was crazy, but then he showed me what he was talking about and I laughed so hard. They totally look like plastic!
Anyway, I love the texture party you threw. Well done. I could not have done it myself.

drollgirl said...

you did it so well!!!!

and i especially ESPECIALLY love that bag!

i was considering a pair of patent leather pumps, but they were SO UNCOMFORTABLE, and they looked rather awful against my pasty white legs, so i rejected them before i even got to styling them. HA! oh well. patent leather can work, and it can go horribly awry! you made it work!

Mat said...

i'd probably say yey, though stuff like this reminds me of working in an office (which gives the style a bit of nay factor)

Sherin said...

Those shoes are gorgeous. You did a great job styling them.

Vix said...

You did a great job, Sabine! The patent shoes look so quirky with the lace frock! x

WeShop said...

Oooh, you look really elegant but funky too. Good work! xx

janettaylor said...

What a cool bag!


Low Couture said...

i love the patent leather w the lace. i think patent leather, i think a baggy blue jean and something grungy to off-set it. i love patent leather shoes! and i love your blog

x Peter

The Foolish Aesthete said...

So perfectly styled! I am such a fan of white collars under dark sweaters, and the lace is fantastic. You are so lucky to get away with ankle booties (you look great). I have such humongous calves from dancing but on tiny ankles, that particular length makes my legs look like Popeye's! -- J xxx