17.10.12

Beauty | Don’t Wash Your Face!

Psynopsis Beauty Skincare
Skinwise everything went absolutely haywire with the move… Itiskillingme! No matter how much I cream, my face feels dry and itchy. Then, the other day we had someone for the heating here and on the way out he said: "You know, we've got really hard water here. Destroys everything – pipes, washing machines, skin…". Damn you, hard water! I did find a lot of advise on the net… e.g. insert a water filter system (£2000 quid, mmmh), or the cheaper option: 'Don't wash your face. Do not use water!'* Hmmh… I've heard of the idea, but honestly, how can you not wash your face? The idea is to use oil instead, which could be fine, but what about showering and washing your hair… I mean, are you washing your face? With water??? Any tips or experiences? ♥ ♥ ♥

*I also found: 'Use cat litter to scrub your face.' Really?!?

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

11 comments:

i am not a celebrity.com said...

The water's harder than here? Yikes.

I saw this for hair the other day...

http://blog.freepeople.com/2012/10/4-ways-beat-hard-water-hair/

xoxo

i am not a celebrity.com said...

The water's harder than here? Yikes.

I saw this for hair the other day...

http://blog.freepeople.com/2012/10/4-ways-beat-hard-water-hair/

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Have considered looking into water filters? There some good ones for the shower (even with vitamin c) and of course for drinking water...C

SabinePsynopsis said...

@ianac - yeap, superhard. Like through the rough hard :(

@anon - I have. But they are SO expensive, sadly.

Vix said...

Hard water is the pits but I don't feel clean without washing my face with water. Could you collect rainwater or be extravagant and used bottled? Cheaper than fancy cream! x

Veshoevius said...

£2000? Ouch! Is a regular Brita water filter not enough to do the trick? I was in Neals yard today and saw that jojoba oil was used as a skin cleanser - might sort drieness out too.
Please don't use cat litter!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Veshoevius - Currently I'm using olive oil which is nice. Jojoba oil sounds wonderful. I also heard argan oil works miracles...

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Don't use the water? Wow, not sure how to handle that. Sorry, I don't have any advice. I have used cleansing oils before but what about showering? I mean it has to be done.

We're an washing nation here in the US. The more the better, people feel. And the more suds even better which actually isn't good for you at all...

Good luck, Sabine! And just keep on moisturizing up a storm xoxo

Melissa Blake said...

Wow, that's really interesting....not sure about it, but who knows!

Mat said...

my gf doesn't use water to wash her face, which always amazes me

Fashionistable said...

I don't know how! Water has always worked for me. I was told when I was young not to use anything on my face when washing it but water - so no soap, so I haven't done that since I was about 12. Can chemicals found in other products really be kinder than hard water.....Maybe it's just the companies making these other products scaremongering. After all we are ourselves made mostly of water. Xxxx