5.10.12

Life | Good-Bye & Hello

Psynopsis Interior Design Fireplace Roses

Psynopsis Sarah with Cat

Psynopsis Cat in Garden
'allo 'allo! A few days ago I tweeted a feeble 'I'm not dead', really!, because for us bloggers it can be a bit hard to get that not using the social media doesn't mean we cease to exist. And while I was so very invisible here I actually learned a few things there - like carpet laying is a bitch, old houses can be SO dirty (I never want to see a cleaning rag again, and also, could I have a new pair of hands, please) and there are some muscles in my body I didn't know could actually develop, so yay for that.

Yes, it was sad to leave our English idyll of faded roses and fireplaces, but arriving in Berlin was so lovely – catching up with friends and family, beautiful summer weather... also, the cats haven't fallen into the old, frog-invested pool yet, and we're reunited with Sarah (who moved before us and was totally delighted when her parents told her that they had decided to come to Berlin, too. 'Brrrr, can't get away from them!')

My head is still spinning, and every morning I wake up with a huge list on my mind of all the things I have to tackle and to organise – but I also want to discover the city. Berlin has changed so much since I moved away 12 years ago… A lot to discover. ♥ ♥ ♥

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

16 comments:

i am not a celebrity said...

I'm so so so so sorry I missed you.

On a brighter note, I've just been offered a press trip to Berlin - so hope to see you soon!

xoxo

Vix said...

Happy new house! The fireplace looks so lovely and inviting and the cats are in their element being reunited with Sarah! x

Sacramento Amate said...

Are you living in Berlín now??
We could meet next time I am there.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SabinePsynopsis said...

Kate - Yes, please!

Vix - Aah, the fireplace is our old house (faded roses etc.), but the new one has a fireplace, too - a weird one with a smiling sun...

Sacramento - That would be lovely.

Dancing Branflake said...

Although I will miss all your lovely photos from your backyard, I cannot wait to see Berlin from your eyes. It will be beautiful, I know it.

Mat said...

12 years on things to catch up on, i don't usually like saying stuff like this but i'm extremely envious.

Fashion Tales said...

Oh hope you get settled in well, Berlin is such a great city, we recently went outside Frankfurt for work trip. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Love the fireplace photo!

Ramona said...

what a wonderful photos and your kitties are so super cute. Happy new home :)

xoxo Ra

Harriet said...

I can't wait to see some photos of Berlin from you - so glad you are settling in well!

Silver Strands said...

Wow - looking forward to seeing Berlin through you!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

I agree with everyone. I can't wait to see Berlin through your eyes. I know I'll be booking a trip in no time :) xoxo

Sherin said...

Nice to have you back, and hope the move went well. Can't wait to hear all about your new adventures.

Maddy said...

Reminds me of when we moved into our house. We had so much cleaning and "fixing" to do. But boy, doesn't it feel nice when you're all settled in? I'm so sad I won't get to see you on this trip, but that gives me a good excuse to visit Berlin someday :)

Sleekit said...

I'm just about to move to but only half an hour down the road! There's a whole lotta cleaning and we haven't even packed yet! All the best for your new abode

Sleekit x

Fashionistable said...

Congratulations you are in your new home. Now you can relax and start enjoying it. I look forward to seeing and hearing more. Xxxx

Veshoevius said...

As said above - excited to see Berlin through your eyes.