19.10.12

Berlin | Shopping Spree

Psynopsis Spree by BBJahn Berlin Entrance

Psynopsis Spree by BBJahn Berlin Children's Clothes
Psynopsis Spree by BBJahn Berlin Britta Jahn
Psynopsis Spree by BBJahn Berlin Britta Jahn

Psynopsis Spree by BBJahn Berlin Koala Sketch
When I arrived in Berlin my friend Katja (who has a beautiful bookshop I really need to show you soon) gave me 3 booklets with the newest cafés, clubs, shops, hotels and bars in town. The place is bopping!… Making me run around like a wide-eyed child: "Look! There's another new shop; and this area has changed so much!" I just love how people do their thing here (and rents being still relatively cheap in many areas making it possible)… Like Britta's shop/studio. Because it's a shop and her workplace you can actually see her designing and working on the clothes she sells. (Plus, you can ask her a multitude of questions and chew her ear off while taking photos of the beautiful surroundings and oohing and aahing at the cute designs.) Yes, it was hard to get over the disappointment that I didn't manage to squeeze myself into the bunny sweater, but instead I've now reserved a t-shirt with the melancholic looking koala for all my nieces and nephews. ♥ ♥ ♥

spree by bbjahn, arndtstr. 35, 10965 berlin, germany

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

15 comments:

janettaylor said...

Ahhh, totally cute!

Dancing Branflake said...

And now you're making me want to move to Berlin. These photos are GORGEOUS.

Vix said...

What a gorgeous, colourful place! x

Veshoevius said...

Looks lovely! And I imagine Berlin must be bopping. Speaking of rents - have read news articles (in Bloomberg no less) that the locals are increasingly hostile to foriegn hipsters with whom they lay the blame of rising rents. Any truth in this?

SabinePsynopsis said...

Yes, there is a lot of truth in this... As so many of the 'hip' and established areas are becoming increasingly expensive young international 'hipsters' are moving into the 'ghettos' (think East London)... which will eventually increase rents and house prices there and push out the traditional residents (including many turkish families)... The usual, rather ambiguous process of gentrification.

drollgirl said...

wah!! i love it all! when will i get to see it in person? oh how i would love too!!!!

Harriet said...

What gorgeous things and what an amazing studio! Definitely disappointing they don't come in grown-up sizes!

Sherin said...

Sounds like a great store. I love that she designs where she sells too!

Fashionistable said...

The bunny t is wonderful I feel you pain that it is only for kids. Looks like a wonderful shop. Xxxx

the style crusader said...

Really beautiful pictures! xx

i am not a celebrity said...

KOALA!!!!

Love it. xxoo

www.i-am-not-a-celebrity.com

Angeles Almuna said...

Love this post...the colors are great and the pictures are so cute...love the atmosphere.
Kisses and come to visit me!

www.angelesalmuna.com

Siânicles said...

Eee koala! xx

The Foolish Aesthete said...

OK, that is a heart tugging koala ... Your Berlin sounds like a wonderful place to walk around and get lost in! Lovely, white washed photos by the way. -- J xxx

Oli said...

Wow, I went to high school with Britta. How absolutely wonderful to see she is doing well and that her work as a designer is successful. On my next visit home I should try to stop by her studio. Last time I heard from her was at least 20 or 25 years ago. Thanks for posting her studio on here!