13.11.12

Berlin | Groomed

Psynopsis Villa Harteneck Berlin 1

Psynopsis Villa Harteneck Berlin 2

Psynopsis Villa Harteneck Berlin 3

Psynopsis Villa Harteneck Berlin 4
When my friend Karin recently came back from New York* she told me how incredibly groomed and stylish New Yorkers are. Everyone! she says. Well, I can tell you, the same does not apply to Berlin. Which is partly why I like this city. It's liberating. No pressure. You can wear the same old pair of jeans for weeks… It's fiiine. But sometimes I sit in the tube wondering if maybe, in a few years time I will have stopped wearing make-up for good, and ONLY wear flats (so much more comfortable) and also will have given up on the bra (style naturelle, why not?!)… But only until I end up in places like Villa Harteneck, an interior design nirvana where no lamp goes below a few thousand quid (and probably none of the ladies' faces strolling around either…). The place smells like heaven (aka Diptyque candles) and everything is just biuuutiful. Ah well, never underestimate the power of being put well together... ♥ ♥ ♥

*She went and left before Sandy, and absolutely loved the city. I haven't been in a while, but NY holds a big place in my heart and I so hope New York(ers) can recover from the storm quickly.

bloglovingoogle friend connecttumblrfacebooktwitter

9 comments:

Vix said...

Berlin sounds wonderful, that's why I love Goa, no pressure to wear anything new, the same old dress every day for a month if needs be!
Loving that decoupage table! x

Fashion art and other fancies said...

I'm so in love with Berlin. She's unwashed and grungy. Lived in New York - enjoyed the time there, found it overly groomed. Groomed is good, but overly less so. Very artistic photographs here today. Snapped in Berlin I take it;)

SabinePsynopsis said...

Yes, I love this freedom in Berlin, too - and the variety... As these photos taken in a rather posh area of Berlin show. The last time I was in New York it was a pretty wild place - but that's over 20 years ago.

drollgirl said...

lol. my co-worker and i were just talking about how americans have a reputation for being germophobes. lol. i was listing the COUNTRIES i never wanted to visit for fear of germs, bugs, parasites, toilet/hygiene issues, etc. lol!!!!!!!!!!!! yes i have issues. i like things clean and comfortable and stylish and smelling nice if at all possible.

but i do agree that you can wear jeans a million times before washing them. i love that!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Ha ha. I'm not saying Berliners are unwashed. I mean some are, but you find the odd unwashed person pretty much anywhere in the world, don't you?...

Dancing Branflake said...

Amen, sista! I'm all about comfort, then the allure of glam attracts me and I can't resist.

Your photos are absolutely stunning, as if I'm looking in a magazine.

Pearl Westwood said...

Oh the cabinet full of candles is so beautiful, what a lovely idea x

The Foolish Aesthete said...

Seeing these interiors (in Berlin?) made me want to put on something nice aside from my thrice-used black turtleneck and black jeans. Talk about unwashed. NYC is overly groomed. I just had a party with an ex-NYer. When I complimented him on his stylish jacket, he said he hadn't worn it since his days in NYC, because it is so casual here in California! As I was facing him in my tattered jeans, I couldn't agree more. - J xxx

Fashionistable said...

It sounds like Amsterdam which is more relaxed too. And also reminded me that I had a Diptyque candle which I have just opened and am burning now. Xxxx